Sunday, August 22, 2010

Huge Money-Saver

>




So it's no secret that we need to save every penny we can, where possible. B has been listening to Dave Ramsey, the financial help guy with a nice sense of humor. We have been skimping HUGE at home when it comes to meals, which seems like the worst place to skimp, but lets be honest. Food is expensive and I suck at cooking. However, if I could find a method to shop effectivly for several meal options, I would try to cook healthier and more often for my family. Plus, Logan is on solids now and I want to start getting him to taste real people food (cooked egg yolk, chicken, etc.). I was over on Marital Bless and Leah was talking about a new way they have been cooking and saving money. It's called e-mealz.com. I checked the site out and was instantly intrigued so I read as much as I could and learned that Dave Ramsey himself highly recommends this site. Done deal. I created my membership and printed out last weeks meals and this weeks. Then, I realized, when the hell am I going to make it to the store?

Unless I shop on a Sunday (our only family day of the week) or Mondays I will not make it to the store for the week. Our nights, once we're home from work and getting Logan ready for bed, are just so jam-packed and we're exhausted. Going to the store is the last thing either of us want to do. Our local grocers have a delivery service but I had never tried it before. I went on line super early this morning with my e-mealz.com shopping lists in hand and selected everything I needed, including a few extras not pertaining to the meals. I had never shopped like this before, meaning I have never gathering a list of incrediants needed for specific meals and shopped for them. I know: shocking. Within a half hour (a shopping trip with Logan, waiting for check out, and lugging everything up 3 flights of stairs takes OVER and hour easily) the shopping was done and I spent LESS THAN $100!!! I am so impressed. I just hope that I can be organized over the next few weeks to create each meal and enjoy it. If any of you decided to try this out, let me know how it works for ya!!

****

Last night, we took Logan to his first concert. We have a local music, food and fun fest going on this weekend and a few of our favorite local bands are playing so last night we took Logan downtown and as you can see from the pictures, he had a great time, as did we!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!