Monday, August 16, 2010

A lack of control, kinda.

>
  • I was walking the dogs this afternoon while wearing Logan in the front pack, something which makes this kid giggle like nothing else, when another momma walked by with her dog and stroller. My 75 pound greyhound and 45 pound mutt, both being held in my left hand, proceed to yank on the leash so hard I pee my pants. Yep, I did. I guess I was using my ab muscles to keep myself from falling over, to keep Logan from going anywhere, and to prevent all three dogs from getting tangled up and they failed me. No amount of kegals or ab workouts can fully repair the damage done to my bladder. Oh dear.
  • Logan had a popsicle for the first time tonight, grape, to be specific and he LOVED it. I took his shirt off and plopped him in the high chair. I held onto the stick while he sucked and eventually bit off small bites and boy did that create all kinds of faces!! He loved the cold, the flavor and the drool. I quickly stuck him into the bath to wash off the purple stripes running down his chest.
  • Tonight, B brought home the most beautiful wild sunflowers. A resident where I work (he takes care of the landscaping) gave them to him and I am just beside myself with wonder. I love that he surprised me and I love that I have two huge sunflowers to peek at out of the corner of my eye.
  • This weekend, I literally did NOTHING. I started laundry and most of it is done, none of it is folded and I have cloth diapers in the wash that need to go in the dryer but that probably won't happen before I go to bed.
  • Today Logan was so pissed off. Like, I have never seen a 6 month old become so frustrated with his lack of skills. The kid wants to crawl so badly! His legs know what to do, but his arms are stuck in place. He was whining at me all day long like he does when his teeth are bothering him and after a few hours it finally hit me that the kid is just pissed off. I kind of giggled when I figured this out and tried to accommodate him but to no avail.
  • I am so excited to go back to school! It is all I can do to just wait around for the acceptance and for my references to get their letters done. I don't start until May and it feels like forever from now. I am just going to soak up all the time I have with my family now as I can, which I know will change once I am full time at school.
How's that for random? Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!