Tuesday, August 10, 2010

>30 Day Blog Hop-Catching up

>

So...I've been a slacker the last 10 days. My fellow bloggie friend over at The Schmitz Family starting this great idea and I just love it. She is such a courageous woman and if you just head on over you'll see why. So I'm gonna play so catch up here. Bare with me!


Day One

*You're Favorite Song*


Well, it is REALLY hard for me to pick just one. I love music so much and I have been going to concerts for 13 years now...wow. Some serious runner ups are Winter Song by Sara Bareilles, Who Can Compare by Foolish Things, Schism by Tool, Wonderwall covered by Ryan Adams and Trust Me by The Fray. So who and what takes the cake?

It's a solid tie between Crazy Beautiful by Hanson and Fire by Augustana. I know what you're thinking. How in the world do those two artists top Tool and Ryan Adams? Well, Hanson has been my most fave band I grew up with and the moment I saw Taylor perform the song solo (as seen in video link), I melted. It's such a lovely love song. As for Augustana, I don't particularly like ANY of their other songs. This song just happens to lift me up so much that I can't help but get happy and dance and sing along.


Day 2

*Favorite Movie*


Hands down, Knocked Up. I laugh just as hard the 100th time I see it as I did the first time I watched it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie!!


Day 3

*Favorite TV Show*


Parenthood is my new fave and an oldie but goodie is One Tree Hill.


Day 4

*Favorite Book*


Good question. I love reading and am currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's so good! All time fave, however, is The Catcher in the Rye. I love Holden so much, I wanted to name our son Holden but B is not a fan of his character so...maybe it'll be a middle name someday!


Day 5

*Favorite Quote*


This is an easy one. It's what I've re-named our blog from a lovely e.e. cummings poem as seen on my right side bar.


Day 6

*20 of my Favorite Things*


1. Logan

2. Brendan

3. My dogs

4. Reading

5. Playing with Logan

6. Brightly colored jewelry

7. Swimming

8. Teaching

9. Long, winding drives

10. Traveling

11. The beach

12. Snow

13. Movies

14. Music/concerts

15. Friends

16. Writing

17. Long talks with old friends

18. Jesus

19. The zoo

20. Other babies


Day 7

*A Photo that Makes you Happy*


(on the light rail in Denver shortly after we were engaged)

Day 8
*A Photo that Makes you Sad*

(The first time I held Logan, over 12 hours after his birth.)

Day 9
*A Photo that I Took*

(Deeply rooted, like B and I, taken in Ohio.)

Day 10
*A Photo of Me-taken 6 years ago*
(My computer does not have pictures that are 10+ years old so this will do. Taken outside my dorm window when I was a junior in college.)



1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!