Monday, August 23, 2010

First Successful E-mealz Dish

>Readers, I have been so excited to share this with you! Today, my groceries were delivered to my door and I had enough to make 8 dinner meals and lunches for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! I am so excited. So tonight, while Logan monched on some puffs in his high chair, I made my first e-mealz dish. It does not have a creative name, however, it LOOKED and TASTED amazing! So amazing, in fact, I did not have time to snap pictures.

I diced and cooked small pieces of chicken, boiled 9oz of cheese tortellini, chopped and sauteed zucchini with tomatoes and mixed in some basil-pesto goodness. I let the veggies simmer with the chicken and tortellini for awhile to get them nice and tender. I should have added more salt and pepper at the time, but did so after the fact. I assumed the basil-pesto mix would be enough flavor but it wasn't.

I toasted some french bread in the over and wa-la! It was so easy and once it was all simmering, I was able to play with Logan until B got home from work. It has been ages since the last time he walked into the house with yummy smells coming out of it and no waiting for dinner to be prepared. I felt like such a good wife! I feel like this is the start of a wonderful thing and I will just have to must up the motivation to do this every night after working 8 hours and wrangling Logan. Next up: Slow-cooked BBQ pork chops with potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!