Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Mexican Getaway

>April 27, 2010

One year ago today, we packed our bags, drove through a snow storm, boarded a plane and landed in sunny and HOT Los Cabos, Mexico. We were one our long-awaited honeymoon, nearly 9 months after we said our “I Do’s”. This particular day is special for another reason and while one may think it’s just a little bit too much information, well then you can go somewhere else. In case you haven’t noticed already, TMI has become my middle name since I had a baby.

Anyway, while on our plane ride, I discovered something no woman wants to discover at the start of a very special vacation. That’s right, you guessed it! Mother natures special monthly gift showed up on our way to Mexico. Oh my eff. Are you kidding me? I was so upset! But as always, B comforted me and said it was okay. No big deal.

So I let it go. We had the best vacation we could have hoped for. We laid out in the sun every day, ate next to a gallon of guac, drank just as much, if not more in tequila (well, you know when Jose is ONLY $6 for a liter, you gotta stock up! Much cheaper than paying at the bar), went sea kayaking with seals, tried snorkeling, played poker, and fell in love all over again. I also watched Ghostbusters for the first time ever on the only rainy day (7 days in and our 8th day is rainy, I say that’s good timing!). I loved vacationing with B in Mexico and I hope we can do it again with Logan.

So why was my pointing out AF’s arrival on the plane ride over important? Well, because that was THE LAST TIME I SAW HER, AND HAVE YET TO SEE HER AGAIN! One whole year without a monthly nuisance. Can you say blessed?? YEP! Since I am still semi-nursing Logan, it could still be a month or two or three before that happens again. NO, it does not mean I’m prego again! That won’t be happening for a long time.

Until then, I am just going to enjoy the most special little gift I ever laid eyes on. Just wish we were in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!