Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 9: A Picture of Your Friends

>

(bestie, me, jess, kathleen, mom, mil, lay and ash @ my baby shower)


(me and ash waiting to meet stephanie meyer. die hard twi fans here!)


(me and sil on st. pattys day)

(beautiful bridesmaids- cousin heidi is 2nd from the right and she is the closest person to a sister i have)


(me and bestie before we left for my bac. party)

Oh mi friends. How I love you all. Even those of you I have never met. My social circle is quite small. Not one of my closest girlfriends lives where I live. This makes it hard on all of us to stay in touch over the phone, facebook and emails. Bestie is my bestie. She had I started out as roomies almost 6 years ago and the rest is history. Our love for all things music, Gilmore Girls, and sexy guys has never waivered. She was my maid of honor and went above and beyond the typical MOH responsibilities. Our friendship, especially since I got married, has had it's highs and lows. We are both in different places in our lives. She has a great, serious, loving boyfriend and I'm married with a baby. Our commitments and priorities are different but we make huge efforts to overcome those and make time for each other. We just spent this past Saturday together eating yummy crepes and spending time outside window shopping.

I have known Ash just as long as Bestie. She was the one who was married and had a baby before I was married and had a baby. She is the kind of friend that you don't talk to very often, but when you do, and when you get together, it is as if no time has past. It's great. She turned me onto Twilight well before it was anything to rave about and by the time there was a rave going on, we were waiting in line with our Host books for an autograph from Ms. Twilight herself. We share a love of reading and I am certain that if I had a more risky bone in my body that Ash and I would truly be one in the same. We have had our share of tequilla shots and catch phrase. I miss her dearly and can't wait until the next time we do see each other.

Miss Heidi, my most special cousin, is one of the coolest women I know. Sadly, we have spent more of our lives apart than together, but we've always been close. We're even close in this crazy bloggy world. Being that we are both mothers keeps us more than busy but we always have time for a quick text. I find myself consulting her for advice pertaining to Logan and all that post partum crap we have to deal with. Heidi and I used to dress up and pretend we were twins. She has a sister, but I don't and I am certain that if I was to have a sister, she was it.

My friendships mean the world to me and especially with the women I listed above. There are a few others I am very close to and no one is in any particular order. I would not be the woman I am today without these women in my life.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!