Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 18

>
Something I Regret

Sadly, there are a few things which I regret. Or rather, I wish I had done differently. However, knowing what I know now, there were reasons for why they happened the way they did.

* I regret not finishing my teaching degree when I was still in school, unwed and baby-free. Now I know that I waited because I truly, honest to goodness had no clue until just recently that I REALLY wanted to be a teacher.

* I regret drinking too much. This is very vague but I always think this after a night of too much wine or one too many beers which causes me to either get sick or feel totally hungover in the morning. I know my limit, but there are times I totally ignore it and keep going.

* I regret going to the hospital too soon when I was in labor. This is silly, I know. But a part of me thinks we could have stayed home for another hour or two. Now, I realize it was a good thing because Logan had some heart-rate issues and I am very glad to have been at the hospital where they could monitor him closely.

* I regret ever having gone back on anxiety medications. This is something I am still a little bitter over, as the wound is fresh. Quite simply, it has done a nasty number on my body and I will never again take a mind-altering drug.

That's it. I really try not to regret anything. God gave us free will and I believe regret is more of a way that we learn lessons. There has never been anything that I have truly felt so terribly about that it just ate away at me. I also believe in forgiveness and that it is 10 times harder to forgive myself for something than it is to forgive another.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!