I would like to first thank you for taking the time to check out our blog. This blog will hopefully be an easy way for you to keep up to date with what is going on here in the McFadden household. I will try to update daily, as there is always something going on. We are both very busy and while it might seem boring to others, I know that family has a certain way of appreciating things like this.
So, what has been going on? Well, here is a quick list of some things that have come to pass and a few others that we are looking forward to.
1) We have been married for almost EIGHT MONTHS!! Can you believe it? We can't! The time has gone by so quickly and we are happier now than we've ever been.
2) Brendan's brother, Kyle, married Martha on January 3rd, 2009 and the wedding was beautiful! It is really nice to have close family that are also newlyweds. We try to see each other about once a month. We were able to spend St. Patrick's Day together up here in Fort Collins and we all had a great time.
3) Butte and Tulo are doing great, as always! Tulo is our accident-prone child, as he hurts himself almost everyday. Usually it is due to playing rough with Butte, other times he is just a big klutz and runs into everything.
4) Brendan just got a new job with Aflak (yes, the duck) and will be taking his final test for his insurance license on April 7th. Please pray that he does well and passes! This is something that has great potential to help us our signifigantly.
5) I am still working at MacKenzie Place, a five-star retirement living campus. I love it! I feel like I have 100 grandparents! I am also going back to school to receive my teaching license. More to come regarding that...
6) We are heading to Cabo San Lucas in less than a month and we can't wait! We got an amazing deal on our airfare in January and it is finally just around the corner! This will be our official Honeymoon and I must say, we are both very glad to have waited until now to take this special trip. We are much more stable now that we were eight months ago, financially speaking.
7) We're moving!! Currently, we live in the basement of a house. We like it, it meets most of our needs, but it is in a basement! We hate living in the dark all the time and want to see the sunshine more. We found a great apartment in South Fort Collins that we are really looking forward to living in. We will know exactly which apartment it is near the end of April or beginning of May. Then we will start packing up and moving by the last weekend in May! Hopefully, we will be there a couple years until we buy a house.
That is about it! Of course there will be daily things to update on, but for now, keep those things in your prayers. We hope all of you are doing well. We would love to have your feedback via a comment so we know who is visiting. Thank you and enjoy!!