Monday, February 2, 2009

>7 Pounds of Crap

>
(Spoiler alert: If you have not seen 7 Pounds and plan to, then I would wait to read this unless you don't care about my giving certain details away...thanks.)

B and I went to see 7 Pounds last night. Everyone we had talked to said it was great and thought provoking and a "must see". We take other's opinions seriously and figured it would be fun to see. Well, we are trying to save money and going to the regular theater is not going to happen for us right now. We are saving for Cabo, people! 

Anyway, the movie was at our $3 theater and had a late show playing that we could make once I got off work and all the Super Bowl craziness had settled down. 

First of all, the movie dragged on forrrrrreeeevvvvvverrrr. I am not sure if it was because we were both a little tired and it was late, but it was so slow! The story strings you along for the first hour and you have no idea what is going on. Then when little things start to surface, you're still confused and don't know what the hell is going on. Yes, Will Smith is a badass, but this was nothing like his role in The Pursuit of Happiness

His role disturbed me. For those of you who have seen this movie, you may disagree and that is fine. I don't care. Seeing a man lose the love of his life tormented me. I hate the thought of even thinking for half a second that B and I could lose one another in an instant. I don't take that for granted and that is why it hits me so hard. Secondly, Ben, Will's character, punishes himself for the accident that took his love's life and, while saving the lives of others is great, his reasoning was selfish and none of the people he helped knew that.

I was still crying when we went to bed and B held me and kept telling me not to think about it. It is very rare that I dislike a movie, let alone it upsets me this much. I am so glad we did not spend too much money on it and I would not recommend it anyone, but that is just my opinion. If you liked it, great. I wish I saw what you saw, but I won't be seeing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!