Friday, February 6, 2009

>Sex.

>Let's be honest here: sex is great and it is a gift, yes a gift, from God. He told us married folk to make kissy face and just do it. Maybe not in those words exactly, but check this out. See the
1 Corinthians 7:5 button on my side bar? Here is the verse:

5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. (NIV version)

Okay, so that verse is quite deep and could be used in other circumstances, aside from the lovemaking. All I'm here to talk about is the bedroom dance, people! And I think that this verse really is all about lovemaking. It is sad, but true, that there are times when each of us (yes, you and me too!) just are not in the mood and make the most fun gift ever a chore and that is not fun. Hubs will take note quickly when you start feeling that way and seriously, that is just not fair to him or yourself (I think that is what the "self-control" part is all about).

Pray about it. If you start feeling like other things are getting in the way of the most intimate time with your hubs, ask God to help clear your mind and show you that things like Gossip Girl, being tired, the kids-whatever-are not worth flushing your sex life down the drain. (Side note: I hate using cliches but this was necessary.) I will pray for you. And I will continue to pray for me and B.

Funny story: (I hope this is no surprise to anyone and if it is, too late now!! ;))

B and I did not wait to have sex before we got married and neither of us have any regrets about it. We knew that we were going to get married. End of story. I am not going to sit here and try to make excuses for the one of the best parts of our relationship. Not necessary.

Anyway, because we did not live in the same town until we actually got married and moved in together, it was rather difficult to do the deed. I lived at home and, for a time, so did B. We also both had jobs that kept us late and driving the 30-60min to see each other every night was not gonna happen (especially when gas prices were so high). So we would talk about how it would be when we did finally get married. Sex everyday. Twice a day. I know, you're all laughing. It is not like that, but in a way, I wish it was. There is a book about how to have sex for 101 days straight. The name (and Google) are failing me right now. But it sounds like the idea behind the verse and the book could change so much in a relationship, for the better of course.

So, I urge you, blogland wives, to take the challenge and please, thoughts, comments, antidotes are always welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!