1) We slept in Saturday morning, one of my favorite things to do, and then welcomed the dogs in our room at 10:30. We took the quilt off our bed and let them jump on. They had not been on our bed in over two weeks since I set it up with the quilt on it. Poor Tulo comes up to the edge and rests his head down, whines and gives us this pitiful puppy eye, begging to come up. Being a greyhound, he gets chilled easily and we used to let him under the covers. Yes, you heard me right. Terrible habit Mr. T will not let us forget. Regardless of how bad a habit it is, it was so nice to have them snuggle with us for I don't know how long. We just laid there and talked and loved on the doggies. It was so special and nice. I hope that is what it's like when our kids come running in someday.
2) B made an AMAZING brunch: scrambled eggs, potatos, veggies, bacon! Sooo good! Then we played some Zelda for a little while. Took showers, cleaned the kitchen, and loaded the dogs up for a drive.
3) We wanted to go to New Belgium for tasting and they let you bring your dogs. How cool is that?? Well, it is not that cool when everyone and their mother is there! We could not even find parking and when I went in to check on the table situation, it did not exist. People were lined up to the door waiting to find somewhere else more ideal to stand. It was snowing and cold and I was losing my patience.
4) We needed a beer. The driving was not ideal and crappy and that is what we had originally intended so we went to BWW and I got a marg. It was sooo yummy and pink!
5)We drove to PetSmart next. The doggies needed some lovin (and food) so we decided to treat them to something fun (hey, we were treating ourselves all day, why not the dogs?). There was a puppy rescue there for the Sheba Inu mix breeds and lo and behold: we finally know what breed Butte MUST be! Check this out:
(pic from Google) (My BUTTE!)
Can you see the resembalance?! It's crazy and awesome all at the same time. When we adopted her, the vet said she was a Aussie Cattle Dog/ Boarder Collie mix. Yes, maybe a little Healer in her, but no boarder collie. So, we got the dog food and then had them pick out a bone. They must know that our budget is tight and picked out a pack of 2 fairly large bones for the nice price of $6.
6) We went to the mall and I bought some nice undies that I have needed for FOREVER! I threw away a bunck of old pairs. It was great.
7) B had to do some last minute shopping (it's all good ladies, I am just glad we spent the day together!). He droped the dogs and I off at the park so they could run around before our night out. It was getting colder so we walked around the school and then back home. I changed clothes and made sure everything else was in order. Cleaned the bathroom and felt much better. B came home with a new plant to add to our greenery! It is perfect. Now I just need to repot it in a bigger pot and all will be well!
8) Once we were all changed and the dogs were enjoying their treats, we left for an Italian restaurant that we both love, but never go to because it is so pricy. We got a bottle of RED wine, something I am getting used. I loved it. I had Butternut Squash Ravolies--sooooo goood!! B had a bowtie pasta dish with lots of yummy veggies and meats. It was perfect. Best date yet!
9) Finally, after dinner, we went to see Coraline in 3D and it was incerdible! One of the best movies I have ever seen. It is so visually stimulating and super fun. The story is a little dark, but good. I would not take a 5 year old to see it. Dakota Fanning is Coraline and was just awesome. If you are going to see it, you MUST see it in 3D. There is no other way.
Overall, the day was amazing! We had a great time just doing whatever came to mind and the date was perfect! I am now going to start looking for a new place to live in June. YAY!