Monday, January 3, 2011

Quarter-life Crisis

>The past few days have been great. I had a little tummy bug on New Years Eve but I was in no way going to let that stop me from enjoying the most expensive meal we had paid for all year. Lobster Ravioli, anyone?? YUM-O! My stomach is still not 100%. I am praying it's not some new-found intolerance to something like milk. That would just about kill me if I had to give up cream cheese on bagels and cookies n cream ice cream. For a short time I was actually fearing a pancreatitis reoccurrence. I had it 3.5 years ago, unexplained, and on Friday I had similar symptoms. However, the pain never even came close to how painful it was when I actually had it. That being said, I am certain it's not pancreatitis.

Among other things...I feel like I'm going through a quarter-life crisis trying to figure out which direction my life is going to go. I almost said "supposed to go" but who says what is "supposed to happen"? There are two things I know for certain: I am passionate about women, pregnancy, & childbirth as well as teaching. So I will be actively pursuing my certification in Brio Birth, a method similar to the Bradley Method, but different in some ways. It's the newest type of childbirth class is still fairly new, especially here in Colorado. I am also going to still pursue my teaching license in elementary ed, but how is kind of up in the air. We have huge news, which I cannot share just yet, but because of that news I will not be able to enter the program that I am still waiting to hear back from. I cannot leave B to support our family alone with some new upcoming expenses and because of that, I am looking to find something online that will have student teach at the end of the program, at which point we would be more prepared for me to not be working. Just so we're clear (since I can see all of your wheels turning) I am NOT pregnant. ;)

Also...we are on the hunt, yet AGAIN, for new childcare for Logan. I knew this was coming, but OMG did it creep up quickly! So say some prayers.

3 comments:

Leave some Lovin!