Thursday, January 20, 2011

that big 'ol news you've been waiting for

>So, I'm sorry lovies that I have been stringing you along for a few weeks. I'm sure that my news has been the only think you could think of alllll week long! Lol. It's something that I need to start writing about, a process if you will.

Our little family is getting ready to make a BIG MOVE! That's right:

WE'RE GOING TO BUY A HOUSE!

We learned we would be embarking on this fun adventure the beginning of December. Our lease on our apartment is not up until June so we have taken our time talking to a lender and choosing a realtor. The entire process, so far, has been quite stressful, no matter how excited we are to actually move into a home we can call our own with a fenced yard for the dogs, man cave for B, and play room for Logan. What does mommy get? A space (room or not) to paint.

I know there are many of you out there who have shed your property virgin card at some time long ago and the idea of us going down that monumental marital road is so invigorating! I will do my best to share details (though not too much) about the process. Already in the short WEEK that we have been out house hunting we have fall in love and had our hearts broken over a house. This is way worse than any middle school romance. Trust me. I think it is fair to say that falling in love with a house literally at first sight is like falling in love with that cute boy in youth group. The shopping process is so stressful and exciting all at once. One minute you're on cloud nine because the house is soooo adorable on the outside and then you walk in and your heart sinks because the carpet is trashed (replaceable), the wallpaper is dated (removable), and there is no closet space (ummmm). 

The biggest lesson I have learned so far is that you can change just about anything. You can knock a wall out if you want a more open floor plan. Painting, new wood floors, new counters...the possibilities are endless! I've also learned that you MUST have a MUST HAVE list, WISH LIST, and DEAL BREAKER list. If you don't, then you might compromise on something you really didn't want and it's not easily changeable (adding a new bathroom to a house with no where to put one).

Over the next several weeks I will keep you posted on what's going on with the house hunt. 
***
In other news I found out I might have a stomach ulcer. While I am glad that there has been some progress made in diagnosing the issue, I am fa-reeeking out. I have to have my stomach scoped next week sometime. I'm totally dreading it!!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!