Thursday, January 13, 2011

Judgy McJudgerson

>Gawh I don't even know how to start this post out without shouting at the top of my lungs. So here goes...

Moms get judged all the time. Someone is watching our ever effing move. I  noticed this when I was pregnant. You know...not drinking alcohol, eating right, not smoking (if you're a smoker), not lifting heavy things, walking unassisted outside when it's icy...the list goes on. At first you realize that everyone has your best interest at heart. I get that. So...thank you over-protective stranger I don't know for taking my cart to the cart port at the grocery store-how kind of you. Now that my little person is in my arms and attached to my hip just about every where I go, the judgyness is way worse. For example, a friend of mine on FB, who is a male and NOT a parent, made a comment about seeing a mother walking across the street with her child in sub-zero temps and eluded that she should never procreate...ie: you're a terrible mother how dare you take your child outside when it's not even 10*!!! I see the logic here, but now that I am a mom if I have to go somewhere and Logan is with me then he best be bundled up and outside. Oh well. What are we gonna do about it?

Today I changed Logan in a public place and I did not have any hand sanitizer with me nor was I near a bathroom so I just wiped my hands with a wipe and threw it away. Well, some older lady did not see me do that and made a comment to me that she noticed I had not washed my hands and how could you even touch your child without having done so first?! I rolled my eyes and did not even waste my time trying to explain to her the situation. Whatevs. However, I am fed up with it. I know this is probably going to happen for the rest of my life as a mother. People are going to judge how I dress him, change him, what I feed him, how I feed him, how I parent him, etc....I'm building up my backbone for it.

Tell me, do you get judged out in public? Do you ever do the judging? Personally, I only find myself on the other side of the fence when safety and health come into play. For example, a pregnant woman smoking. Yes, your a dumbass if you smoke while you're pregnant. Or riding in the back seat with your child on your lap to go just one mile. Idiot! Those people deserve it. Me? Not so much and I will sure as hell admit it when I do.

4 comments:

Leave some Lovin!