Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project 31: Day 5

>Day Five: Write a Blog About Someone Who has Made my Heart Come Alive


The cliche thing to do would be to write about Logan or my husband. Logan has made my heart explode since the day we met and I am pretty open about how he's stolen my heart. That being said, I thought I would honor a woman who is quite nearly my sister.


My cousin, Heidi, has become one of my most favorite people over the last few years and we have not even seen each other since my wedding day. In fact, she has always been one of my most favorite people, but she has made my heart come alive more in the last two years than ever before. 


UPDATE: I read a few other 31 posts and decided to put this into letter form, rather than a general "this is why this person is awesome" dealio.


Dearest Heidi,

Gosh I don't even know where to start. First of all, you are by far one of the most incredible women I know. You are strong, beautiful, honest, compassionate, and dedicated. You have always been a loyal person in my life and I love you for that. Being that I never had a sister, you are the closest thing to that because I am sure that if we were hundreds of miles closer we would surely be sharing clothes and silly stories about our children. Our children would then be doing the same with each other.

I want to tell you everything and there are very few people on this green earth I can say that to. I want you to know all my deep dark secrets, ideally shared over a glass of white wine (red gives me a head ache!) and on a night in which our husbands are watching the babes.

You make my heart come alive when we have hour long texting sessions about everything we can think of. My heart explodes because I know that you will always be there to listen and give sage advice, no matter what the issue or concern is. You are such a perfect example of what it means to be a godly wife and woman. I am following in your footsteps as you lead an example which I am sure others would love if only they knew. I know that I can always call you with questions about being a new mama and the fact that YOU, next to my dear husband, were the very first person I told about little Logan is saying a lot. We do what we can with the miles between us and I know someday soon we will come together again and share that wine and celebrate being cousins, best friends, mothers and wives together. Cheers to you, for always being a constant in my life and showing me how to truly embrace this exciting time in my life. I love you.

~S.

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!