Saturday, January 29, 2011

Death of the Perky Boobs

>A fair warning, dear friends, this post is going to be up close and personal and most certainly going to contain a TMI or two...or three. Mmmkay?

Pregnancy, no doubt, has a way of changing your body. You're growing a teeny tiny human in there for crying out loud. Of course you're going to have aches and pains and stretch marks where you never thought possible. I for one never imagined how many would end up on my thighs and not my belly. And if I had to chose, I would want it that way. I had a few on my breasts but again, it did not really bother me.

I went shopping yesterday for nice underthings, something which I have not done in nearly 2 years (I mean, for a pre-preg body) and let me tell you...what a rude awakening. You don't really realize how much your body has changed until you are standing in a changing room in Victoria Secret trying on nice brightly colored bras trying to stuff your saggy boob into the cup. Not because the bra is too big or too small (trust me, I tried two different sizes) but because there is no elasticity left in my girls, thanks to all those nursing hormones.

Heidi always had bigger tatas than I did and I was a bit jealous. Whelp after she had her first baby she was jealous of my perky lil breasts and I was flattered, yes, but did not really understand how perky they were until the perk was gone and all that was left was a whole bunch of eey. And when I say "a whole bunch" I really mean "very little".

I've always been a fairly small-busted woman and since B seemed to embrace their size no problem I quickly accepted that I would always never be more than a B cup. Cue pregnancy hormones and I got a lot more than I ever expected! I even remember telling B that I would never want a boob job and that I felt sorry for women who were big busted. Never before did I have to deal with wearing a sleep bra to bed to prevent sagging and discomfort or deal with them touching each other and don't even get me started on the boob sweat. EEEWWW!!

It was hard for me to imagine ever going back to my original size. Well, here I am, a 34B and while I am still the same size, I don't look or feel the same. There is no tone in them and I feel like I need a belt to hang around them and over my neck to keep them from sagging even more. It's a harsh reality and I am pretty bummed about it. All I keep thinking is that when I get pregnant again they will just get big again and I would almost rather deal with that then my tiny tatas. Don't fret my friends, I will never go under the knife for such a thing, but it does make me sympathize with anyone who has for this very reason. If I ever had my senses knocked out of me and considered doing it, it would be well after I was done having children. So who knows. One thing that motherhood has taught me is to never EVER say never.

5 comments:

Leave some Lovin!