Monday, January 10, 2011

11 Months Old--I'm already tearing up!

>Before I dive into this post, I want everyone to know that something great has happened. Our child care worries are OVER!! I was able to chat with my boss and a few coworkers and we were able to switch my schedule around so that I now have EVERY DAY FREE WITH HIM!! I work at 3pm until 11pm, except on Mondays and Fridays. It's like being a full time stay at home mom while still working. I am SO happy!!

*****

Ohmigawd. I cannot believe I am already writing Logan's 11 month update. This is so surreal. Every time I think about him turning one I get teary-eyed...it can't be so! This little baby of mine is growing up into a toddler wayyyyyy to freaking fast. He continues to steal our hearts with his smiles, giggles and new discoveries. Watching him figure out new things is one of the most awe-inspiring things about being a mother. Seeing him become frustrated with himself because he can't quite figure out how to stand alone is hilarious and adorable all at once. So here is what he's been up to:

  • Food: Logan continues to eat just about everything. He loves his fruits and veggies. He especially loves fresh green beans, avocado, blue berries, pineapple, and sweet potatoes. We have been giving him a lot more meat lately and he loves chicken. He is still unsure about ground beef. If it is in very small amounts mixed with something like mashed potatoes he'll eat it. But he won't eat it alone. Now that he is nearing the 1 year mark which opens a few more doors in the way of foods, we are holding off on several things. B has a huge allergy to all fish and because of this, Logan has a high risk of having allergies in general. So we are delaying cows milk, fish, eggs, honey, and peanuts until he is at least 18 months.
  • Motor skills: It is no surprise that our kiddo likes to get around, and fast! He is speed crawling everywhere. He plays the "I'm gonna get you!" game and crawls so fast from us as we chase him down the hall. He is pulling up and walking around just about anything he can, even walls. He can grip our fingers and walk along with us, sometimes on his tippy toes. He is still not confident in his balance to stand alone, which he may skip all together because his walking is getting so good.
  • Fine motor skills: Logan got an Alphabet Train for Christmas and there are small blocks with letters on them. You can put a block in the engine and then it slips through to the caboose and sings a song. This is quite the fine motor skill and Logan has it down pat now! He stands over his train and puts block after block into the engine. He giggles and claps fully knowing how proud of him we are that he learn such a great skill so quickly! This has also enhanced his ability to put things just about anywhere. He puts blocks and his paci in the oddest places.
  • Reading: Okay I know he is not actually reading yet, but over the last month Logan has taken an interest in books that has just floored us! He began to just play around with the pages. Now he sits there and stares at each page. Colors and faces really make him smile and he will actually sit in my lap for 2-3 books at a time now. I am SO PROUD!! Being that he was born into a very strongly influenced house of readers we know he will love to read as much as we do.
  • Sizes: Logan is growing so much!! He has not been to the doctor for a few weeks. B tried weighing him with clothes on at the docs the other day when I was there and it said 20 pounds even. I would be so happy if he finally broke the 20 pound mark! He has always been such a peanut, though very tall. I am guessing he is at least 32" tall now. When he is not in a cloth diaper, he is wearing size 4s, which we still mostly do at night. I am on the hunt for new cloth diapers. The gDiapers are not working out as well as they used to. Lots more leaks, etc and the weight limit on them goes to 28 pounds so I am thinking that because of his length they are just not fitting him right. Logan wears mostly 12 month clothes and size 4 shoes. He has fat, big feet! Most 12 month pants are great in length but too lose around the waist. 
  • Transportation: I have been wearing Logan a lot more lately and it has me wanting an Ergo carrier. Those things are expensive!! So maybe for his birthday??? Either way, the homemade moby wrap I made is working out well. I used youtube to try some new wraps now that he is bigger. I love the hug hold on my hip. He snuggles in and is so happy! He also loves his new stroller which I have been using more and more as we are out and about. Logan only rides in a convertible car seat now and will remain rear facing for as long as possible.
  • Words: Still none. He babbles and has been discovering different pitches. He has been squealing a lot more lately. But no words. Not even mama or dada. He just babbles on and I am not too worried.
It is so hard to believe that in less than a month I will be celebrating one year of Logan's life with all his family and friends. Fast does not even come close to how I would describe it, because there are times that I recall not being so fast. Like the first 6 weeks, which for us, were our hardest weeks. It is true that things get easier, however there are other undiscovered territories that I am sure will pose challenges. We welcome them all! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!