Sunday, January 30, 2011

Project 31: Day 6 Jaded Beauty

>Has the world's definition ever jaded me?

This is such a broad question, if you think about it. If I were to answer it literally, as in the whole entire world, end to end, then no. The "world's" definition does not really exist. Every country, religion, culture, clan, high school clique, etc has a different definition of what beauty is. Now, if I were to answer this solely on the US of A, then hell yes. How can our country's definition of beauty not jade anyone, even the most humble person? It's hard not to pay any attention to what is considered beautiful with the media literally being shoved down our throats. Heck, even the Dugger girls learned how to apply mascara, eye liner and lip gloss to look even more gorg than they already are. If Daddy Dugger is worried, then he should be.

One of the definitions that falls under beauty, so it seems, is to be a tall, thin woman who has a nice size 2 ass and a nice rack on top (excuse me while I duck from all the feminists throwing tomatoes at me for just saying that--yeah, I just said "rack"). Anywhooo, I pretty much fall into that category, minus the larger than normal rack. I'm 5'9", thin and no ma'am I do not have a size 2 ass (although I did for most of my high school and college career). So I'm tall and thin, but did you know that I have a giant nose and that most kids made fun of me, thinking I was anorexic? Or how about the fact that my legs are slightly bowed, my teeth are not pearly white or straight, I wear glasses, and I'm dyslexic? All of these physical atributes brought unwanted attention to me and I just sucked it up. And yes, dyslexia is an outward physical trait. Just tonight I said "tomich" when I meant to say "stomach" or "tummy". Or "stick-chap" instead of "chap-stick". We all have flaws and as a now 26 year old married mama I can confidently say that I could give a rats ass as to what just about anyone thinks. I care deeply what my husband and my parents think and that is about it. So embrace your outward "flaws". Who cares anyway??

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!