Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving, my fav.

>
Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. Not because we are celebrating our so-called victory over those Indians (chill..I'm Cherokee!!). No, I love the holiday because two of my most favorite things come together one one day:

1) Family
2) FOOD!

I realize that these things come together quite often, but not in the same way and not with the same food. I am a Green Bean Casserole junkie. I happen to enjoy watching football and the smells! Oh the smells of baking pies and gravy flooding the house is just so delish. OMG.

Thanksgiving also happens to be one of the only holidays in which I have never really had a "bad" day from. It was almost ruined back in '04 when I was a junior in college. The weekend before I fell terribly ill. I had been dating this guy and I later found out he was playin me--loser. Anyway, he insisted that we go out on the Thursday night prior so I gave in and as he was dropping me off at my house (yes, house. not a dorm!) he wanted to kiss me. I had been having the most horrible sore throat all night but I did not complain about it once. I told him how I felt and that I didn't want to get him sick. I think he thought I was playing him so I never heard from him again. That's a good thing.

The next day (Friday) I woke up and could not swallow. My skin hurt to the tough. I had that nasty white shit on my tonsils. And my glands were so swollen I had no neck. This is one of the only times in my adult life that I truly wished my mommy was there to take care of me! But no, I was a good 5 hour drive away on the other side of the mountains.

So I went to the doc and was diagnosed with mono & tonsillitis. Double win! I can't remember if she gave me antibiotics or not, but by that evening I had not eaten anything all day. One of my roomies ran out to the store to buy me some pedialite because I could not eat or drink anything. I sipped on in through a straw. I tried to take a bath and my skin hurt so bad. That was the weirdest symptom...

Saturday morning I was beyond miserable and my roomie drove me back to the doc (campus docs on Sat-gotta love it!). She prescribed me vicodin and sent me on my way. The pain relief helped and by Tuesday I was eating normally. Thursday I was eating my beloved Green Bean Casserole, drugged up, but enjoyed it nonetheless. This is also how I found out I am allergic to vicodin.

So what is your favorite holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!