Tuesday, November 9, 2010

CIO. Just to Clarify...

>
Ugh. I should have waited until I had eaten and had a beer before writing my Fighter post. So he wants his momma. Big deal. Whelp, I need to man up and show him who's boss! This is not the first time we have had to use the cry it out (CIO) method to sleep train Logan. Let me preface this by saying that Logan has my stubborn, strong-willed and sweet hearted mentality and if he does not get what he wants, he gets mad. Much like me. I love him. That being said, I know that the first few days are going to suck for all of us. Lots of crying. Lots of patience tested but hopefully lots of success in the end. When Logan was 6 months old we did a CIO and it worked in like, two days. He is trainable. But now, he is way more stubborn and determined to fight it. So it's challenging for both of us.

I am not going to give up. We let him cry the other morning when he woke up at 4am thinking it was 5am and time to play. Ummm no, Son. Not time to play. He cried less than 10 minutes without us checking on him and he put himself to sleep. I just hate hearing it. And at 4am, there is no sleep involved for us either. We have to sit there and listen to him fight it until he finally gives in and nods off. I will try to keep a record of how this goes so that next time I won't even think twice about sleep training at a younger age and being more disciplined about it.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!