Monday, June 15, 2009

>7 Weeks and Tornados

>
Today I am 7 weeks pregnant! Only half way to being in my 2nd trimester and only one more week until our first prenatal appointment! I can't believe how fast the last two weeks have gone. It seems like yesterday my cousin H was BEGGING me to take a test, which I did, and wa-la...Baby Mac is on the way!

Last week was pretty good. I had one morning where I thought I was going to lose my breakfast. That was Thursday. The day before that I discovered some VERY light spotting. I freaked out like nobody's business and called my mom and MIL. Both of which told me that everything was fine and that it was normal. It lasted just that day and am now doing great. The eye inflammation has gone down and feeling MUCH better. Barely notice it now.

This week, Baby Mac's nubs are becoming more pronounced as little arms and legs. Eye lids are forming. Folds in the ears are forming. The brain is developing neurons and growing very quickly. Baby Mac is about the size of an olive and next week will be twice as big!

We just can't wait to see our little bean on the screen and hear the heart beat! I know I will be an emotional mess. Today we went to Babys R Us and registered for baby stuff! It was so fun and exciting! On our way there, we noticed that the sky was looking like a tornado was going to drop right on top of us. No rain or hail yet. Just lots of wind and the sky was green. We ran inside the store and within minutes it was pouring outside and our phones alerted us of the warning we were already aware of. We were worried about the dogs, but figured we were safer in the sore rather than our third floor apartment. So we just carried on with our shopping and watched as the lights flickered on and off and the hail pounded on the roof. Was I scared? Not really. We have had a tornado warning ever day for the last 2 weeks. This is starting to feel like second nature, which I am sure is not good. I hope that when we really are in true danger that we don't assume a "cry wolf" scenario. I love weather and it rarely scares me. I think it is one of the coolest things God does, even though it is tragic at times.

One more thing: I totally had a dream that MacMama was doing our maternity photo shoot last night. Now if that were true, that would be awesome!
I hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!