Saturday, January 31, 2009

>Meet the Parents

>No, I am not talking about the Ben Stiller flick. I really can't stand Ben Stiller (tangent) and I think he is the most annoying actor out there. So. Not. Funny.

Anyway, I promised a few weeks ago to write about the time B met my parents. It is rather humorus and comes up at table conversation every once in awhile.

Remember the night B told me to be his girlfriend? Well, after staying up all night kissing talking and kissing some more, we were interupted at 5am by a shallow knock on the door from my mother announcing that "breakfast is ready."

We froze and stared at each other before I answered, "Okay, be up in a minute."

I am pretty sure that I dug my face into B's chest from embarrassment before asking him if he okay?

The look on his face was priceless. He was petrified. That was it. I gave him a quick kiss and tried to convince him that my parents are awesome.

Back up a bit and here is my dad's side of the story:
He woke up around 4:30 to go to the bathroom and heard voices coming from my room. He woke my mom up and said, "S's friend is still here. What are you going to do about it?" My mom rolled over and said, "Going back to sleep. What else?" My dad was frustrated by her lack of concern (hello!? I'm 22 and can have a boy over if I want to!). Well, since he woke her up and got her mind rolling, she was convinced that making breakfast would solve the problem (I'm sorry, I missed where my having a boy over, that I am clearly talking to, is a problem?).

B and I made the asend up the stairs slower than normal. I held his hand and whispered that everything would be okay and I was secretly screaming at God to not let this ruin anything that had just happened. (Thank you GOD!!)

It didn't. My mom knew the way to a man's heart was through his stomach and made pancakes, eggs, and bacon. B was so wonderful and showed no signs of nervousness. My parents were not daunting or rude and welcomed him right into our family before the sun was up.

B left after we ate and I went back to bed. Not until one month before the wedding did my mom tell me that she knew I would marry B the morning she met him. My mother, ladies and gentlemen, has the best intuition of anyone I know. And I love her for it.

My meeting B's parents was not nearly as exciting and really does not even need a blog to say more about it just being perfect. His parents are amazing and I am very used to calling them "Mom" and "Dad" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!