Friday, January 23, 2009

>In The Beginning...(part 3)

>B and I had arranged to meet up on Friday around 1pm to head to Denver. I was going to drive, since I was the one to offer plans up, plus my car gets AMAZING gas milage. I was very nervous that he would not show up and I later found out that he too was nervous that I would not show up. How cute. :) I think that we had both been burned in the past and were just hoping that it would work out.

It did.

We talked the whole way to Denver and shared our likes and dislikes in music, movies, and activities. Found out our tastes in music are VERY opposite. Even to this day. When we got to Denver, we went to my bank first and he waited patiently for me. Afterwards, we found a parking garage near the 16th Street Mall and started our adventure. Where to? No clue, but we just let our feet lead us. We ended up near the Pavilion and thought about going to a movie, but there weren't any show times for awhile. On the third deck is an awesome bowling ally and we both knew that would be fun.

I am not a great bowler, but little did I know that B is right up there with me. It was perfect because we were our own competition and that was when we learned how competitive both of us are. My memory is failing me as to how many games we ended up playing, but I do know that we each won once. After the games we enjoyed a beer in the lounge and then moved our evening elsewhere. 

B had never been to the ESPN Zone and, though I am not a huge sports fan, I love the place. Good food, drinks and fun. B bought a play card so we were able to play some bubble hockey, a game I learned he was very fond of and quite good at himself. Once the money ran out, we sat down for dinner and before I the server had come to ask us what we wanted to drink, B said something first:

"I want to kiss you."

"Okay" and with that, he leaned over the table and kissed me. It was perfect! My heart was jumping our of my chest and my stomach was doing flips. Definitely fireworks.

Our dinner was great. There was no more kissing until later that evening when we had headed back home and I went over to his house in Greeley. It was wonderful! I got home late and was giddy telling my mom about it the next day.

That night B had to work so he was not done until 10:30 and I had invited him to hang out with me at my house. We ended up staying up all night talking and that was when Mr. Bold said something else:

"I want you to be my girlfriend."

There was no asking involved. B knew what he wanted and apparently it was me.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." And some more kissing ensued.  

That was the beginning of our wonderful friendship and love and it has only grown stronger and more fun over the last two years. Wow.

Next up: How B met my parents. Best story ever!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!