Wednesday, January 21, 2009

>In The Beginning....(part 2)

>After the day I gave B a ride home from the frozen world, we saw each other again in class the following Thursday (this was a Tuesday/Thursday class). I told him I was going to be bringing my dog Butte with me in the morning and that we could come over and hang out after my writing class (yes, folks, I totally invited myself over...). He said that would be nice so I was a little excited the next morning and picked out my clothing carefully and curled my hair (something which I never did for an 8am class-ever).

I arrived around 9am with Butte behind me and he was looking mighty fine in jeans and a tee and from what I could tell, had actually cleaned up a bit. I had no idea what it had looked like prior, but after we started dating it was okay for me to see how he really lived. How sweet. We sat on his bed and played with Butte, who took a huge dump in his apartment before leaving (a nervous habit she has since gotten over, but was very prone to in new places as a puppy). We talked about everything-family, school, dreams, funny stories-everything. Once it was about 10:45am I offered to give him a ride up to his 11am class and of course, he said yes. As he was getting out of the car, he asked if I wanted to "get coffee" sometime and I smiled and agreed that would be nice. I distinctly remember being "on cloud 9" when he asked me that and drove the whole way home bouncing up and down in my seat.

The following Tuesday we made plans to meet to get coffee once I was off of work, which, due to the timing, turned into dinner. How convenient. We went to On The Boarder and, while the food sucked, the conversation was awesome and we never ran out of anything to say. It was the best date I had ever been on and I was screaming like a little school girl on the inside. He was just so darn cute and I could not believe he was interested in me. As he walked me to my car, we hugged good night and I caught him going in for kiss and let him miss. I had a strict rule of no kissing on the first date and was not about to let him get away with that one (and I am sooo glad I made him wait it out...).

Two days later on Thursday, after our class and after he had walked me to my car (it was a warmer day and he was off his crutches by then), I spontaneously asked B if we wanted to go to Denver with me. I had to go to my bank and wanted to make the trip more worthwhile and surprisingly, I think for both of us, he said yes!!

More to come next time!!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!