Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running: Week One

>I meant to post this on Sunday but we were having a little too much fun over at my parents house. Week one of running went well--that is until I messed up the ball of my right foot responding to an emergency at work. You see, when someone pages me I am RUNNING to get to them, as most anyone would. Aside from that I was able to get two of the three runs in last week and that felt good. I am on cloud 9 right now. I am going to be buying my first real pair of running shoes today and I cannot wait! I know that the money spent will be reason enough to use the shoes. Both runs last week were outside around our neighborhood. We live outside of a very nice area where the single family homes are pretty big and people run and walk with their kids and dogs all over the place. It felt great to join that club, even though we live in the apartments outside of the neighborhood. Logan loves, more than anything I am sure, to be outside and even more, outside in the stroller. He could be screaming bloody murder and the moment that stroller starts moving he is silent. Well almost. If the ride is long enough he will start jabbering at you and that is so fun to hear. I started out with a 1 minute run, 2 minute walk combo and arrived home in 25 minutes. I felt great! Now, if the mornings would just warm up a bit more then I'd really be ready to go again!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!