Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Diagnosed

>For now, anyway. For the last week and a half I have been having some serious dizziness. Not just quick little spells that come and go but hard core almost-fall-over and have-the-spins when laying down kind of dizziness. At times, it's caused tremendous nausea. I am sure others may have puked by now, but God graced me with an iron stomach and I rarely ever throw up. Not even when I was pregnant. Oh and on that note, as far as I know, I'm not. Well today I was changing Logan and nearly fell over right there. I steadied myself and set Logan on the floor. I sat there and tried to see if it would subside. It didn't and I'd had enough. I called my doctor. Unfortunately B had the car, not that I should have been driving anyway, but I had resolved to walk to my appointment. It wasn't too far--just a little over a mile and a half each way. When I arrived I felt horrible. I tried to eat some snakes and drink some water--didn't help. I met with my doctor and after loads of questions and some poking around she was convinced I have an inner ear infection. DING DING DING!! Now I remember. Four years ago I had one with the exact same symptoms. She also wanted some blood and when I say some I mean a lot. Five vials worth. Testing my thyroid, metabolic levels, insulin, blood sugars and pregnancy. I really don't think I'm prego, just for the record. And if there is something else going on, we'll know in a few days. For now, I am resting before heading into work. I'm pretty dizzy right now but the meds she gave me will knock me out so I am going to wait before taking anything.

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!