Sunday, January 31, 2010

>Space Baby

>
Our weekend was rather eventful, minus having a baby. On Saturday night we got word from our good friends in a band that they got us on the guest list so come on down! They did not go on until 11pm so we hung out at home, I worked on the project I mentioned in my previous post, took a bath and actually put some make up on. The show was at a small venue down town with great acoustics and lighting. The drinks specials are always good. B got rum and coke for $3 and I had coke for just $1 with free refills. Side note: I started to feel really light headed and needed the sugar boost. But I feel the same way today so, mommies out there, is this a sign of labor to come?? Anyway, we found some other friends there and visited with them and soon enough The Northern Way hit the stage. I LOVE local music and I LOVE this band even more. Long story short: I have been a fan of this band for nearly 5 years now. I have seen them change members and even their name and now they are the perfect mesh if musical styles, lyrics, and personalities. Our friends are the drummer (my ex) and the lead singer (B's friend from high school whom we had in common BEFORE ever meeting or dating). The show was great and I had some nice strong contractions that lead to, well, nothing. We got home late and went to bed. I was up too early. My body clock just wakes me up at 8 no matter what time I go to bed the night before so I made waffles and ate breakfast in bed. We watched the Aussie Open and played with he dogs. Then I got this crazy idea that B should paint on my belly before my belly is no more. He is a GREAT artist and knew he would do an awesome job so he got his acrylics out and set up shop next to our bed. In an hours time, we had this:



SPACE BABY!!


Once I got up and moved around, the paint really started to irritate my skin. I was trying so hard not to itch it. Then I started to feel light headed again and nearly passed out in the pantry. I ate some lunch, watched some XGames and took a long nap. Now B and I are hanging out on the couch not doing much other than waiting. We are having a February baby people! I am actually happy about that as I am not the biggest fan of odd numbers. Weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!