Saturday, January 9, 2010

>Name reveal...I just can't wait!

>

First of all, I am losing followers. I know my blog is now private and so I am guessing those I have lost are people that chose not to continue to follow and that is fine, it is just weird to watch the number shrink.


Secondly, I am SO DONE! OMG this week and last week have been the LONGEST weeks of my pregnancy to date. I CANNOT WAIT to meet our baby!!


Which brings me to numero tres: I can't wait to tell you his name because this blog is more for me than for you so you ready??? Also, I am not sure that once he is here I will be able to summarize how we chose his name so easily so enjoy!



Our Precious Son will be


Logan Jack


Don't you love how that sounds?!


So here is the story of how we chose his name, because yes, there is a story.


Two and a half years ago B and I took a trip to the midwest to see our families. His family has a lovely cottage on Lake Erie in Ohio and that was our last stop. We spent several days there,

hanging out at the beach...

getting rained out at Cedar Point...

taking ferry rides to Put in Island...

and riding tandem bikes.

On our last night we went to a nice Italian restaurant down the street from the cottage. We had several glasses of wine and decided to walk back to the cottage alone to reflect on our vacation that was coming to an end (or do as much reflecting as one can do while inebriated). It was dark and we did get a little lost so B (yes, MY HUSBAND!) out of no where asked me what I thought of the name Logan. At this point in our relationship (about 6 months in pre-engagement) we knew we were going to get married. That was a done deal. So I told him I really liked that name.
And he said, "Great, because I always wanted to name our son after Wolverine!" Oh dear. My husband wants to name our son after a comic book character. It's a good thing that I was well aware of B's interest (more like hobby) in comics, X-Man being one of his favorites.
I think I laughed after he said that and told him "Okay! Whatever...".
He then asked, "So we can call him Wolverine?"
"No, honey. I am not calling my son Wolverine."
"What about Weapon X?" (complete with arm signals displaying an X).
"No B, I am not calling my son Weapon X."
Needless to say, from that day forward we had a name picked out for our first son and even though I am sure B may refer to him as one of the aforementioned "nicknames", I am okay with that.
Logan's middle name was easy. B's grandfather passed away a year and a half ago and his name was Jack. B really looked up to him and it was the best way to remember him by. The two names together really sound great and even better with our last name, which is Irish, by the way.
So have you noticed in my status updates that where it asks the gender I have been putting "wolverine"?? I was trying to hint at his name but no one really caught on...oh well!

Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

Leave some Lovin!