Monday, January 18, 2010

>38 Weeks

>

Wow I look so tired in this picture! Must be because I am. I am also not wearing any makeup and I let my hair air dry this morning so I really have not done much in the way of upping my looks. And I don't care.

I feel huge. But when others comment on my size, they are so sweet and tell me I
look great, that I don't look 9 months pregnant, blah blah blah. Very kind words. It makes me smile. We had a great OB appointment today. STILL no dilation. We have stayed the same with 80% effacement and +1 head station. Here is a visual for those of you wondering what the station means. According to my dear friend who happens to also be a doula, effacement and station can be the hardest things for a first time mom to accomplish in labor and I am also done with that part so lets home my labor is quick and easy!

(googled for this pic)
So the station is where the baby's head is located in the pelvis. Now you can see why I feel huge. This child of mine is spreading my legs apart! I can't cross my legs or sit normal on the floor. These are all good things in the way of wanting labor to being soon!

I also found out I have LOST 2 pounds. I would be lying if I said I was not happy about that. The nurse explained that is common near the end due to baby taking more and more from me and me not having huge appetites anymore since there is so little room in my stomach. This is all true. I do eat less and less frequently. However, when I am hungry, I do eat quite a bit which just means I finish my meals. Something I was not that great at doing pre-pregnancy.

We had a great conversation with our OB about what his thoughts are on induction. I was worried that if I went even just a few days past my due date that they might try to induce for no good reason and he set my fears aside and said that without there being a true medical reason/complication to induce, they will let me go 42 weeks. K now, I really don't want to go that long. But you never know. Even though this child has been teasing us for weeks that he wants to come early, it could be just that: a tease. So I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

This coming week is my last week at work and I am already feeling bitter-sweet about it. I know that might sound weird, but I truly love where I work and who I work with. Once Logan comes I am sure it will be very hard for me to go back, but I will have to. Unless we win the lottery. So this week, while I am sure it will drag on at times, will be a special week in that I won't see our residents for several more months. I plan on making cookies on Thursday to share with everyone on Friday. My last day is Saturday. I am very excited to be done, because that means mister is coming so don't get me wrong. And physically, I am SO TIRED! I want to nap when I come home on my lunch break but it just isn't long enough. I am sleeping okay still, but have been having some hot flashes and I wake up to pee and roll over and it just is not great sleep. I don't know when I will have great sleep again. ;)

Stats:

How Far Along? 38 weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss? 40 pounds, lost 2 this week
Maternity Clothes: my pants are getting VERY TIGHT and are really not that comfortable. even my sweats.
Sleep? like I said above, okay but not great
Best Moment of the Week? having a great ob appointment today
Movement- longer periods of sleep and wakefulness. when he is awake he groves and i love it
Food Craving- breakfast and strawberries, today all I want is harvest squash raviolies
Food aversions- none
Morning sickness?- none
Gender- Wolverine
Labor Signs- stronger BH and more often
Belly Button- out
What I miss- wearing my wedding ring (i still miss this)
What I'm looking forward to-my water breaking, which I know it might not on it's own, but I can hope
Weekly Wisdom- "progress" does not mean much when you are pregnant until you actually go into labor
Milestones- 14 days left!

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!