Monday, February 1, 2010

>Good Morning Due Date

>
Dear Logan,

Today is your due date. I am honestly shocked and excited to say that we have made it this far. You, or my body, tried to give us a few scares early on and the doctors were skeptical in thinking you would make it this far, but here we are!
I have loved being pregnant with you. Other than those brief scares, you have been an incredible baby to carry and I would do it over and over again. I had no morning sickness, have gained a healthy amount of weight, and have proudly let other touch and love on you through my belly. I knew before I was ever pregnant that having a growing belly would be something I would truly love about being pregnant. While that growing belly has caused some aches and pains, some worth crying over at times, it is well worth this wait of meeting you.
Early this morning I had some stronger contractions. It was 3am and a strong, deep ache spread across my low back and into my legs and lasted for at least a minute. I tried timing them and nothing was closer than 8 minutes apart and eventually, they tapered off and I was able to go back to sleep until 8:30am when, again, the same pain returned. This ache is not so painful that I can't move around, walk, talk or get things taken care of--yet. But I can tell you will be here soon! As in the next 24-48 hours!! This early labor stuff is not so bad, but it is making me rather anxious and writing is taking my mind off that.
Your daddy and I cannot wait to see your tiny body, pouty lips, squinty eyes, and little finger nails. We already love every single thing about you and seeing you will just bring this dreaming of what you look like to real life. We are ready for you and the next letter I write you will be once you are in our arms. We love you deeper every day. Come out, wee one.

Love, Mama and Daddy

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!