Wednesday, January 25, 2012

quiet, except for

It's been quiet around here. I'm going through one of my writing ruts where I'd just rather not write anything. So here's a short update of our on-goings:

  • We have been trying to get Logan to use the potty like a big boy by introducing it very slowly. We don't force him to sit on it every day, but when an opportunity presents itself we ask him if he's game and lately, he has been. Usually when we let him run around in the buff or before bath time are our best moments. However, the other night was different. He hadn't pooped in 4 days. I knew he was super backed up and that once it was time for him to go, it would be rough. I was standing in the kitchen washing dishes (because, as you know, we don't have a dishwasher) and Logan comes running up to me and grabs my legs. He begins to cry and I instantly know what's going on. IT'S TIME. I just held him and then B has the brilliant idea to sit him on the potty. Logan was not opposed to the idea, although he was still upset. He managed to go #2 on the potty and was so proud of himself! He got a piece of chocolate and felt so much better when he was done. Now, we're just trying to figure out how to keep this good thing going.

  • B and I had Friday off together for the first time in months. It was so nice to spend time together running errands and even taking a late afternoon nap.

  • Friday night my bestie came up and we went out to a slushy bar in town.Yes, I said "slushy" and "bar" in the same sentence! It was soooo yummy! Like having a sonic drink only spiked with your liqoure of choice.

  • We have decided to put Logan back into a daycare center. We interviewed a center and a home daycare and decided that even though it's more expensive, the center is a better option for Logan. He will thrive more and the times we've visited he has had a great time. I enjoyed meeting the teachers and feel really comfortable with the decision. It's also very close to where we live so what we're saving in gas to take him to the sitter we will put towards his daycare.

  • Since I received my promotion, I have had my office painted and the carpet shampooed. It looks so good! I'm still working on the decorating aspect and trying to figure out fun ways to make it my own. Once my schedule is solid in a few weeks I will have evenings off and I'm hoping to sign Logan and I up for the 2nd level of swim lessons. We took the first level class last spring and he just loves the water. Plus more mama-son time together!

  • B and I discovered Running Wilde, a short-lived TV show. It's on Netflix and we love it! I also discovered Downton Abbey. Another awesome miniseries.

  • Logan started saying "yeah" when we ask him a question rather than just an "uh-hu". It's so cute! What a character. Oh and did I mention he will be TWO two weeks from today?!

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!