Wednesday, January 4, 2012

21 Questions with Heather

YAY! This little series is back! This week Heather from I Put the Blah in Blogger is our featured mama-to-be. We became fast friends where we worked and then she left me for her home state. I miss her mucho! She's a great writer and friend. Check her out!

  1. What is your #1 bucket list to-do item?  Questions like this make me really confused about how to answer them.  I feel obligated to say things like, "Be the best Christian ever," or "Change someone's life," or "Save a baby from a runaway train."  But I'm going to skip all that and say... Be a famous singer-songwriter who has awesome hair and rocks out every night on my piano in front of a large crowd.  Does a bucket list item have to be realistic?

  2. What is the worst injury/illness you’ve ever had?  Injury:  Badly sprained ankle in the 8th grade.  Illness:  Mono in the 7th grade (no, not from kissing a gross boy).  It was the best diet ever.  I lost 25 pounds.

  3. Do you collect anything?   These pregnancy hormones have me collecting pimples, which is a lot of fun.  Other than that, I don't really have a certain thing I collect... do earrings count?

  4. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?  Any of the Real Housewives of Wherever shows.  Those ladies are cccrazy.

  5. What is the most special thing your spouse has ever done for you? Gotten me pregnant.  Oh wait.  I mean, hmm... He offers to give me a foot/back rub just about every other night, which is pretty dang special.  He is fabulous, every single day.

  6. Do you believe in ghosts? Gonna have to say no to that one.

  7. What does your exercise routine look like? Pre-pregnancy:  running a few times a week, strength training a few times a week.  During pregnancy (now):  occasional walks, pilates & yoga dvds, eating vigorously.

  8. If you could witness an event past, present or future, what would it be? Oh gosh.  These questions are intense.  I think it would have been cool to see Jesus turn the loaves and fishes into a giant feast that fed thousands.  I love Jesus AND food, so that would be neat.  But only through like a time machine that could then transport me back to here.  Bible times seem scary, am I right?  Also, I would like to be in attendance at this year's Royal Christmas just to see what it is really like.

  9. If you could change anything about your high school/college experience what would it be?  I've tried to mentally block high school, so I'm going to go with college.  I would have studied something different, instead of art.  Actually, after typing that, I'm glad I studied art.  I would have left my nose ring in for longer than three months.

  10. What season do you enjoy most? Fall, hands down.  I love everything about it.  The clothes, the smells, the sports, the anticipation of the holidays.  It's just so nice.

  11. What celebrity do you most look like?  I've been told Alanis Morissette, but I think I am a dead ringer for Gisele Bunchkin or however her name is spelled.  We just really have the same body type, it's kind of creepy really.

  12. What band/singer are you enjoying most right now? During the holidays I was all about some She & Him, but now I am enjoying Madeleine Peyroux and Sara Bareilles.  And of course the way I sound in the shower/car.

  13. Do you implement any of the things your parents taught you into your parenting style?Little Nugget Child won't be here until May, but there are some things I plan to implement.  We went on lots of really fun trips when I was growing up, and that is something I'd like to do.  Something I think I've decided I do not want to implement that my parents did is use spanking as a form of punishment.  I don't know.  It's a touchy subject.  Literally.  

  14. What is/are your family traditions? Family traditions were kind of thrown out of whack when my parents got divorced two years ago (suck).  BUT, back in the day there were so many good ones.  Taking first day of school photos outside while holding up the number of the grade you were in.  Mom stomping some boots out the door on Christmas morning and yelling, "OK KIDS!  Santa's gone!  You can come out now!"  Mom used to make monkey bread in the shape of a cross on Easter morning.  Dad crying every single year when we watched Prancer.  Good times.

  15. What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received? Don't let your worry get in the way of enjoying and parenting your child.  Also, let him/her make messes.  And don't stress too much.  Aaaaand, always love your husband more.

  16. What was the best gift ever given to you/that you gave? Given to me:  it's a tie between the Nike necklace I got for Christmas in the 4th grade and the entire dvd collection of SATC that Andrew gave me for Valentine's Day one year.  That I gave:  I used some of the money I earned from selling a few paintings my senior year of college to buy Andrew a PSP.  I gave it to him totally out of the blue, and he was so surprised.

  17. Have you and your spouse written a will? No.... should we?  I guess we should.  That's just so sad.

  18. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would it be? I would have chosen cheaper bridesmaids dresses. Oh, and tried more food than my one bite of cake.

  19. What have you done that you said you’d never do as a parent? I can't really answer this yet.  I'll get back to you in 4 months.

  20. How long have you been married? 3 years, 7 months, 19 days, and 3 hours.  It's been wonderful :)  Well, after that first year.  Man.  No one warns you about that.  Here I am, warning you.  The first year is rough.  If you need more details than that, I am happy to tell them to you.

  21. Do you want more children? Yes.  1.4 more, please.  Also, 6 more cats.  I love cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!