Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm a Big Kid Now

I make a point not to talk about work on my blog and I'm still going to hold to that, but I have news I feel is worth sharing. After nine months working at an incredible hospital, I have received my 2nd promotion. Never before have I worked somewhere that allows so much growth both personally and professionally. I suppose most hospitals are like this, but I am shocked. I never would have thought that I'd be as close to my dream job as I can get in less than a year.

Obviously my dream job is to be a midwife, but for now I will be just as happy working alongside all the awesome nurses and staff in labor and delivery as the admitting rep. I feel like a real working professional now...not that I haven't been, but this is the first time I've ever had a M-F 8-5 type job where I don't have to work weekends, I have my OWN office and more satisfaction as a working adult than I ever before.

I hardly consider what I do a job. I go home happy almost every night and never feel like I don't want to go to work. I love all the interactions I get with patients and my team. Oh my team! They are incredible. So much genuine support and care for one another. My benefits are amazing...I could go on.

I am so happy. I was really happy with my job before this happened, but I'm even happier now.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!