Thursday, August 20, 2009

>16 Weeks

>
So it's a few days late, but here is my 16 week post.

How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I am pretty sure I have gained a total of about 8-9 pounds now. HUGE growth spurt over the last week or so. I will find out for sure today at my apt.
Maternity clothes? I bought new black work pants that I love and no maternity shirts yet. The style right now is shirts with an empire waist so finding cheap, nice work shirts is not hard at all.

Stretch marks? not yet. I have been using a stretch mark cream after showers. feels good...

Sleep: other than my bladder waking me up mid morning, I am sleeping well.

Best moment this week: Felt a jab in my side the other night.

Movement: see above

Food cravings: sugar to the max. fruit.

Gender: thinking it's a boy--go vote in my side bar!

Labor Signs: no, but I had some bad low back pain yesterday. ugg.

Belly Button in or out? still in, but I can now see the inside of it.

What I miss: motivation to get things done. it is getting better, but not the same. also miss boobs that don't hurt.

What I am looking forward to: hearing the heartbeat later today

Weekly Wisdom: A mood swing does not necessarily going from happy to mad/sad in a matter of seconds. It means just being pissed off for no reason at all, even after spending time with the doggies.

As you can see, there is some progress going on in baby town. I am super proud of the weight gain. I know that sounds weird, but gaining weight, even when I was younger, has always been a challenge for me. I was always the tall, skinny girl that people assumed was going through some kind of eating disorder. Being healthy has always been important to me, especially having a friend go through two different eating disorders. Not fun. Tangent, I know. Sorry.
Anyway, lots going on in my head right now. While it is hard for me to make up my mind about finding out the sex of the baby, I know it is what I really want to do, deep down. We will wait with our next child. Other things going on up there are so chaotic I can't get it on paper. Not yet. Some baby related, some not.

Have a great Thursday!
Milestones: The jab in my side, gaining mucho weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!