Friday, November 14, 2008

>On Living Together

>After three months of marriage, B and I could not be more in love. I know that sounds cliche and nauseating for some, but seriously. The sheer excitement of having someone to take care of and vis versa with pure and selfless love is amazing. I can't say that I never thought that could happen, but I am a bit surprised. Because of this, I am so glad B and I did not move in with each other before we got married. Prior to the wedding, I would have given anything to move in with him. Living with my parents was becoming so elementary and I needed to be free. However, the only difference I see from living together before getting married and waiting until after marriage is a piece of paper and rings around our fingers. I love getting to know B through living with him as his wife. I take my wife-dom so seriously I am not sure I could have grasped that before the wedding. Yes, it was killer waiting until the wedding to finally move in and sleep under the same roof without feeling guilty about it. But I am proud to say that the 9 months wait didn't threaten our love and had in fact made the moving in aspect of marriage so much more enjoyable. I completely respect those of you who did/do live with your partners prior to marriage. Hell, if I had it my way, B and I would have moved in long before the wedding but I am sure you don't have a father threatening to not pay for the wedding if you did move in together. That meant a lot to B and I, to have the privilege of our parents paying for more than 90% of an incredible wedding. Just ask anyone who went: it was the best wedding most people had ever been to and that is not me just being biased. Survey says, so there. All I am saying is that the last three months have been amazing with B and we are so happy. Sure we have disagreements and argue about how to discipline the dogs and what to eat for dinner. But that is the fun and expected part of being married. I would not change one thing. Our happiness grows everyday and I would not be who I am today without B. I would also not be who I am without the love of our Lord. He has really been showing himself to me lately and I am feeling like our marriage needs some more spiritual support. We both seek it and want it. It is just a matter of finding what exactly it is our marriage and person needs. I am hoping to find a couples Bible study or something along those lines that B and I can engage in together. We want our home to be solid in our faith and spirituality before we bring another person into the world. Right now, it needs work. Nothing we can't handle, but it needs work. Thankfully we have a great support system of family members. It is the support system of our friends that we feel is lacking. Not any one person in particular, just in general.

B is taking care of me right now since I am sick and it is so sweet to see. He hates seeing me like this and I, likewise, hate to see him sick but he insists on kissing. Silly man. So far, he is in the clear and I hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!