Monday, November 24, 2008

>Snow, anyone?

>I used to hate snow. That is one of the reasons why my family up and moved from Steamboat Springs (where B and I got married, "Ski Town USA"). There was snow there for sometimes, 9 months. I remember when I was in 9th grade and it was my first homecoming dance and it was also our first snow of the season (you can't say year, because there was snow on the ground no more than 3 months ago...). It was great. It made the night magical an memorable.

Now that we live on the front range, the weather here is less predictable. It could snow in the morning and be 50 degrees in the afternoon. Or, take a day like my wedding day (up in Steamboat), where it was cloudy, but warm to start, then some drizzles about an hour and up until 5 minutes until the ceremony, then some beaming sunshine that gave me a distinct tan line where my v-neck dropped, and then some cooler air as we headed up the gondola to the Thunderhead and took more pictures with sunshine, then a CRAZY-ass lightening storm for about an hour with some rain (God's gift to us!), and a beautiful sunset and rainbow to top off the night. Amazing, and totally Colorado weather for you. Not typical though.

It is November 24th, three days before Thanksgiving and we have had NO SNOW! Not even a first snow, at least up here in Fort Collins. Loveland had a dusting a few days ago that never made it north towards us. It has been cold enough for snow, but nada. I was worried when we had no snow before Halloween and now I am really worried! I guess not really worried, persay, but just anxious for a big snow! I want to play in it with the doggies and just have a reason to be cold.

By the way, I love snow now. Even more when it doesn't come. I could never live somewhere that never got snow. No way. So, until we have snow, I am praying for it every night.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!