Monday, August 5, 2013

twenty-nine forever

Yesterday, I celebrated. 365 more days of my twenties. I've seen some bloggers make a "thirty before thirty" list, like when I was 26 and thought "oh that is sooo faaaarrr away!". Ahem. No it's not. So now I am going to make my own 30 before 30 list and PRAY that it is something I will be able to cross everything off of.

But before I share the list, I must share my day. Evie has been *mostly* sleeping through the night but decided that the night before/of my birthday was a good night to wake up more. I'm taking that as a major compliment in that she just wanted to tell me many times how happy she was that it was my birthday.

So we nursed a lot. B woke up with Evie at 6 and let me sleep until 8. It was a beautiful day! We had breakfast outside on our patio and decided a morning hike would be perfect. We drove a few miles west and trekked our way along the "funny rocks", as Logan called them, to a keyhole in the rock formations that overlooked the west side of town.


After our hike we had lunch at home, I took a little nap, and then we headed downtown to our favorite brewery.




After a beer and playing dominos with Logan, we walked over to my parent's flat and had an amazing dinner. Baked ziti, bread, mandarine orange salad and wine.

This birthday was by far the best I've had in many years. Very little plans but they all surrounded my family. It was perfect.

(30 before 30 list will be in a separate post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!