Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dear Evelyn {3 months old}

My sweet daughter,

This is the first letter I have ever written you. Today you are three months old. I cannot say for sure why this is your first letter, but I'm glad I'm finally getting around to it! You mean the world to me and your daddy. And your big brother Logan loves you more than anything! We are so blessed that God chose us to be your parents. Being your mother is a gift and I hope that we will always see and feel it that way.

There are so many things I want to say to you, but those will have to wait until another letter. For now, I want to share what you're up to.
You smile.
You are trying to figure out how to laugh.
You stare at Logan as if he is the only one you have eyes for.
You love being propped up on a lap, staring back at us as we make silly faces and sounds at you.
You are so strong.
We knew you were strong when you were only a few days old and already trying to hold your head up. And we know you are strong because you can sleep through your brother playing a harmonica while the TV is on, the dishwasher is running, and I am talking on the phone. ;)
You are nursing perfectly. Our breastfeeding relationship is one of my most favorite things that only you and I share. When you are a mother someday, you will feel and know what I mean. You will know what I mean when you see your baby gazing up into your eyes with the purest of love, when their little chubby hand caresses your breast as if to say thank you, and when she smiles at you and milk spills out everywhere! Best. Feeling. Ever.
You have reddish hair and blue eyes. I hope those characteristics don't change too much as you grow. If they do, that's okay too!
You may be close to 11 pounds and 22" tall.
You love when your brother holds you, which he asks to do almost every day. See?

You love to practice standing.
You are not yet a fan of playing on your tummy.
You make us smile.

Evie, you truly are such a perfect little blessing.

We love you.

Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!