Friday, February 1, 2013

Currently...24 weeks!

This week has been SO much better than last. It all started on Tuesday when I was having a serious hormone and stress-induced meltdown in my office. I was so completely overwhelmed by the three classes I was taking that I was certain I had to change my work schedule to make it work. Then came the voice of reason from my sweet husband who encouraged me to just drop one of the classes. I had not considered that option and the moment I clicked "web drop" I felt a weight lift from my shoulders and everything has been so much better this week. Not to mention I have been drinking coffee in the am which totally helps my mood and keeps the headaches away.
HK

Logan IS CURRENTLY....

 

WISHING he could possess control of every single light bulb and lamp in existence  specifically in our house. He has incredible hand-eye coordination and can twist off the top of a lamp, remove the shade, and twist out the light bulb. Then he take the bulb to another lamp that already has a bulb, removes it and replaces it with the bulb from the first lamp. We have really cracked down on him NOT doing this as it's just not safe. And he hates that.

 

MISSING his little cousin River who lived with us. He's only a few months older and of the three children, R is the one he talks about the most. Breaks my heart.

 

WORRYING about our DVD player pausing/skipping his Curious George shows all.the.time. He wants to take the thing apart and fix it, or for us to do it for him.



I AM CURRENTLY....

 

LOVING ice packs. God-send for this low back/tailbone pain. I try to ice every night after work for like, an hour.

 

WISHING that my body loved pregnancy as much as I do.  Seriously, I feel like I'm already in the third tri. Everything feels so heavy and the aches in my back are making me waddle already.

 

CRAVING milk shakes! I have to make them at home with lactose free ice cream and almond milk, which has turned out awesome!  But I do miss the only thing good that McDonalds offers and that is their vanilla milk shakes. Mmmm

 

MISSING my energy level. It's below zero right now.

 

WORRYING kinda sorta about the little baby bean. He/she is measuring a solid 2 weeks behind right now which could mean a  number of things, including genetics, wrong dates or worse, IUGR or SGA. We will have another ultrasound at 28wks to check things out but for now, everything is okay.


how far along? 24wks, measuring 22wks.
total weight gain: 19.5 pounds
maternity clothes? yes.
sleep: not too bad this week. Lots of crazy dreams.
best moment this week: Logan feeling the baby move.
movement: Oh yes!
sex: team green!
labor signs: none
belly button in or out? getting flatter.
food cravings: vodka pasta sauce, ramen noodles
what i miss: The warmer weather. I just want to play outside with my son!
what i am looking forward to: Logan's birthday next week!
weekly wisdom: Every pregnancy, even for the same person, is different.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!