Sunday, January 27, 2013

Round 2

I'm laying in bed, peeking out our big picture window with one eye here and the other on Logan as he plays outside in his water table. Yes, you read that right. It is warm enough for the little to be outside doing his most favorite thing in the world. Whenever it gets up to 45 or 50* sometime in the middle of the winter, it always feels like a heat wave and everyone is outside enjoying it. I, on the other hand, am fighting off a cold all while my brain has been on absolute overload this last week.

I started my online classes this week and by Thursday, I told B I had never been more exhausted in my life. I'm sure that is not true, but I could not wait for my head to hit the pillow and the thought of having to work one more day was so disappointing. The classes are great so far, but it is a huge learning experience doing everything online. I had to deal with some technical issues, we had to update a PC laptop we don't use often because the Mac is not compatible with some of the programs I have to use. Then I spent almost 3 hours importing all of my assignments  tests, discussions and activities into my iPad calendar. All 158 of them. WOAH. 158 things to do, study for and write in the next 15 weeks, all before this babe arrives and all while my body keeps growing. Round 2 is on, and with the love and support of B, I will make it through! I am aiming for all As again, of course, but I will also not beat myself up if something happens. I have to be realistic and maintain some form of sanity (said NO nursing student ever!).

I'm 23 weeks pregnant now and all is well so far. Baby moves around all the time. I love how active he or she is. It is by far the best and most rewarding thing about pregnancy (other than the healthy baby in the end). I learned that I can no longer eat ground beef. After two meals last week and horrible tummy pains immediately after, baby is taking notes from big brother and letting me know how yucky ground beef is. I am sad I cannot enjoy B's burgers anymore! They are simply the best.

I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that my cousin still does not read my blog. Even if she does, I don't care. Last month she up and left, leaving everything behind and breaking the hearts of all her family members in the process. We have no idea why, but last week B and I had to go over to her house where her landlords had cleaned almost everything out. We had some things of our own and were given some of her things in the process. I cannot even describe how emotional this was. I am still so mad at her. She won't talk to anyone. So on top of a mentally and physically exhausting week, I was an emotional mess on Wednesday night.

Last night Logan had his first really bad fall outside. He was walking the dogs with B when Tulo tripped him up and he took a face plant into the sidewalk. His bump is a lot better today, but the scrape on his face is worse. We are both fighting colds, but he would have to be dying before he was sick enough to stop playing outside.

I'm hoping this week is better as I better understand how each class works and that work is slow. I have my glucose test tomorrow morning. I passed last time so I'm certain I will pass this time. Have a great week!

 

3 comments:

Leave some Lovin!