- Last Sunday Logan started looking like he might have pink eye so on Monday B tood him in and sure enough, pink eye it was. We got the cream and all seamed fine.
- Tuesday afternoon Logan woke up from his nap at daycare with a fever. He looked horrible and snuggled on me all night.
- Wednesday morning I called in to work to stay home with Logan since he still had a fever. By the middle of the day a terrible cough settled in and on Wednesday afternoon I took him back to the doc to make sure he wasn't getting the flu. No flu, thank goodness!
- Thursday I stayed home with him again and he continued to have a fever so we had to cancel his birthday party the following night. It was heartbreaking for me.
- Friday Logan turned three! We did our best to make it a special day with a sick little man. His fever finally broke and he seemed to have a little bit more energy. We visited my parents, grandmother and aunt who were in town, he opened presents, I made cupcakes and we made the best of it. I was an emotional mess, of course.
- Saturday Logan was feeling a lot better, though his cough was (and is) still terrible. We made a trip over to Lowes to do a special workshop with Logan. We all took long naps and did nothing the rest of the day.
- Sunday I was home alone with Logan again. Can I just say how incredibly hard it is to take care of a sick kid when I myself am not feeling so well AND am pregnant?! Most exhausting thing ever. I worked on my lab that evening and I'm almost done with it.
- Today, Logan is back at daycare. He cried when I dropped him off and when a sick kid cries it's just about the worst sound ever. Ripped my heart out-again. Being a full time working mom is hard. HARD HARD HARD and sometimes I want a day off. Good thing he gives the best hugs and kisses.
Monday, February 11, 2013
Uphill From Here
This has been a crazy week:
at 10:23 AM