Thursday, November 1, 2012

Currently...11wks


(11wks with Logan)


As I've already said, this pregnancy has been so different than my first with Logan. I know all pregnancies can be different but I am truly surprised by how night and day they really are. First of all, I cannot BELIEVE I am already 11wks. Feels like just last week we were finding out! This time did not seem to go as quickly with Logan. I remember the 1st trimester dragging on and on and that that the 2nd trimester was much quicker. Secondly, all my cravings, symptoms, etc are just different. Most of the morning sickness is gone. Only every so often will I feel yucky and like nothing sounds good to eat. Also, the fatigue is wearing off, which is nice (though as I type I am really tired--must be from getting up early to do my face make-up!). Last time I feel like I was tired forever. All the time. Staying up past 9pm has been nice.


And can I just say WOW to my bump?! I seriously had to go back through my photos to see what I looked like last time (thank goodness for those photos!) and this bump is more defined, for sure. Click the link above to see for yourself. Another major difference is how laid back I am about all the aches and pains that are normal. I feel like my experience and education in pregnancy and childbirth has eased my mind. I know that if the pain is sudden and goes away, it has to be round ligament pain, which I had lots of last time. I know that if it sticks around, I can call my midwife and she will tell me what to do. But guess what? I have only called her ONCE this entire pregnancy when I had food poisoning. Last time, I called the nurses all.the.time. I knew them all on a first-name basis. Maybe it was a first-time-mom worry or just that I did have a few issues. I have not had any spotting whatsoever, cramps, or anything else which might be concerning. I feel so lucky this time. I feel so blessed that I know what my body is doing and is capable of.  Do all second timers feel like this?


Our lives are in such a different place this time, which must be why it feels like the weeks are just flying by. My cousin is living with us, I'm in school, working full time, and dealing with a toddler who fights his naps and doesn't go to bed until 10pm (more on that later). Whatever these differences mean, I feel positive that all is well. We should hear a heart beat next week (Thursday) when I'm 12wks.


Stats:


Total Weight Gain: 4.5 pounds. I lost a pound somewhere in there last week. I'm sure after all the candy I've been enjoying that my weigh in on Monday will be different!

Continuing Symptoms: fatigue, though less often.

Maternity Clothes: I love maternity pants. The belly band is working out fine, but not having to readjust it every so often is nice!

Sleep: sleeping well!

What I’m Eating: I am a walking cliche: I ate 3 pickles without stopping last night.

Cravings: salty things, smarties, BBQ chicken, spaghetti

Movement: none

Labor Signs: n/a

Special Pregnancy Moments: When a co-worker pointed out how cute my bump is looking. I love getting to that point where I finally look pregnant and not chubby!

***

Logan is currently...

Loving his dinosaur costume and plastic pumpkin bucket. He was very excited to take it to school today and he carries his pumpkin around the house and puts odd items in it like socks and a stuffed kitty.

Looking at everything out the car windows. He is constantly telling me "Mama, look at that ______!" Fill in the blank. Car lights, moon, orange sky, school bus, truck...you name it.

Cooking water. The kitchen is not the most kid-friendly arena in our home right now. I feel like once the space is just our own again I will let him in the kitchen with me more. But for now, he is obsessed with taking my egg beater/salad dressing maker and filling it with water and ice and then passing the water between the cup and other bowls. He loves water play!

Catching a cold that's been caught. We're going on almost 2 weeks now and his cough is just terrible, however he has no other symptoms and just has to ride it out. We treat it with benedryl at night to help him sleep and the same if he's extra snotty in the morning.


Missing his grandparents. He talks about them every time we are in the car. His memory is amazing. I picked my mom up one day and took her home. The next several days after he kept asking if we were going to pick up Lolly. I hate meeting that question with a "no, not today honey".


I am currently...


Loving being pregnant again. I loved it the first time and I love it again. I love the experience and how growing a baby simplifies the important things in life.


Looking for boots and some damn leggings!! I've looked everywhere. I think I tried on 30 different pairs of boots this weekend and NO place I went had a decent pair of legging. I'd like to live in those for the remainder of my pregnancy and one pair is not going to cut it.


Cooking very little lately. I'm not much for cooking anyway and even less so while pregnant. The microwave is my friend. And my cousin, who's an amazing cook.


Catching up on Call the Midwife! I did not realize I'd missed three episodes! So I caught up yesterday and oh, how I love that show!! I love how ever birth is depicted with real, raw labor and pushing and that not every birth is dramatic (as shown in TV and movies so often). I could go on forever.


Missing my family out East. There little beach town is under water and sand right now. I wish I could be there to help clean up.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!