Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Social-Newbie Here

Sunday Social

I haven't done this before but I like how it sounds and I actually have a Sunday evening to myself to type it out. So here goes!

Name 4 jobs you've had in your life.

1. The first job I had in high school was working in a movie theater. I loved it. I had the best perks and, being that my entire family is pretty obsessed with movies, I had a blast. I was able to see any movie I wanted with my family, all comped, as long as the movie was at least 2 weeks old and not still selling out. This was all while Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars were coming out. It was a fantastic job. I quit when I started college.

2. I had a job as a paraprofessional in a high school. I was one-on-one with a student who had a traumatic brain injury. It was a crazy school year, but I loved going to all his classes with him. The job was challenging, but I got to do freshman year all over again and it was great.

3. I worked part time at a chiropractor while I was working at the high school. I got free adjustments all the time, but it was a commute to another town and I was not available enough.

4. Now I work in a hospital and I love it. I get to see pregnant mamas in labor come in and then see them leave with their little babies a few days later. I love it. I am keeping my eyes open for something where I could have more patient contact as a unit assistant, something which does not require certifications and such.

Name 4 movies you could watch over and over.

1. Knocked Up. Best comedy ever.

2. The Notebook. Best love story.

3. Harold and Maude. Best black comedy.

4. Inglorious Bastards. Best action/war movie.

Name 4 places you have lived.

I have only ever lived in Colorado, except for a short stint in New Jersey over the summer.

1. Lavallette, New Jersey, summer of 2006. This town was hit so hard by Hurricane Sandy.

2. Grand Junction, Colorado. 3 years for college.

3. Steamboat Springs, Colorado. AKA Ski Town USA. Lived there for 7 years.

4. Current Town, Colorado. I keep this private.

Name 4 of your favorite foods.

1. Butternut Squash Ravioli.

2. Guacamole.

3. BBQ wings.

4. Vodka sauce penne pasta.

Name 4 things you always carry with you.

1. Phone.

2. Keys.

3. Wallet.

4. Baby bean. ;)

Name 4 places you have been on vacation.

1. Isle of Mann, June 2002.

2. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, May 2000 & April 2009

3. London, England, June 2002

4. New York City, New York, countless times.

I was hoping we'd talk about TV, so since we didn't I will just mention that I am curbing a migraine right now by watching the pilot episode of Gilmore Girls and drinking a cherry coke. It's working.

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!