Saturday, November 24, 2012

eff off bob the migraine!

I'm in so much pain. I'm going on almost 4 weeks of chronic headaches and a week straight of one, solid migraine that only disappears while I'm asleep. So I named him. Bob. Of course the migraine is masculine. And I've asked Bob to sweetly take a hike and never return but something is getting lost in our line of communication and I think it has to do with the pain that he's inflicting on me. But in all seriousness, this fucking sucks. I've never had  a migraine before and I am sure that anyone who has, no matter how sweet and well-mannered, has used foul language in describing one. I've seen my husband go through them and there are certainly different levels of pain and differences in intensity. B will actually get physically sick, while I am in just so much pain it hurts to keep my eyes open.

Unfortunately for me, there is really nothing I can take or do to rid myself of this migraine since I am with child. So I am trying every little trick I can and so far, no luck. I try drinking a ton of water and even some water with electrolytes in it to keep my energy up. B has been massaging my neck, I'm using a heat bag, drinking caffeine, and taking Tylenol. Nothing is working. My midwife even gave me a stronger version of Tylenol and even that is not working. So rather than taking medication that is clearly doing nothing, here I sit and suffer. I have dimmed the light on my screen so I can barely see the words I'm typing, but the light is just too intense. I laid in bed most of the day in the dark clutching my head and praying for sleep or the pain to subside. No luck today.

The only thing I can hope for right now is that this is a temporary 2nd trimester bump in the road that will/should subside in a few weeks. That day cannot come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!