Saturday, October 29, 2011

mish mash

EDIT: I cannot believe I forgot to mention that we had our first snow this past week! It was (and still is) insanity! Usually the first snow causes some broken three limbs here and there but nothing serious. Well on Tuesday night it started to snow just before I left work. It was beautiful! Big, white, fluffy snowflakes! There is something so peaceful and pure about the first snow. It's one of my most favorite days in the year. Anyway, it was coming down good and since about 1pm the temp outside just kept getting colder and colder so, surprisingly, it stuck to the ground and the roads. We were expecting 6-10 inches and depending on where you are in Colorado that is rarely accurate. By the next morning, a day I had to be at work at 6am, we had at least 10 inches and it was still snowing. I woke up super early to give myself enough time (yes, folks, I set my alarm for 430am!!). Logan woke up early so B got up to help. I brushed my car off and pulled out of the driveway only to be totally blocked by huge tree limbs in the middle of the road! I backed into our driveway to turn the other direction (thankfully, I was not totally blocked) and winded my way around tree after tree. It was very sad. I have never seen so much damage from a storm, as if a tornado came through. Today, people were out cleaning up their yards and pulling what they could out into the road. The city has offered to pick up all the damage if we do the work to put it on the side of the street. Our backyard took a good hit, but nothing compared to others'. The house was spared and no leaking roof. We are so lucky it wasn't worse!

We have been soooo busy lately! First up, our mac charger is on the fritz so most of the blogging I do is at home while Logan sleeps and now I'm resorting to down time at work (shhh). Trust me, on a Saturday night not much is going on.

Logan has had a cough now for an entire month. Man, when that kiddo gets a cough it's relentless. Two weeks ago we popped over to urgent care and gave him antibiotics. The green crap went away but it didn't touch his cough. In fact, over the last week it's only become worse so I scheduled an appt with his regular doctor. Sure enough, his left ear is inflamed, though not quite infected, and something upper-respitory is hanging around. She eluded to croup, but I know that cough and it's not there-yet. Logan started a 3-5 day steroid yesterday so **HOPEFULLY** the cough will hit the road here really soon. As of this morning, no dice.

I am still wavering in my stomach issues. The meds I'm using to keep the pains at bay is only taking the edge off. Two more weeks and I go in for my procedures. I'm nervous, but looking forward to getting answers.

B is on a major job hunt. He has been for a while now, but we are desperate for a 3rd income and until I get my doula certification (which could still be another year-finding those 3 births is HARD!) we need something else. The skin of our teeth is just not enough.

Tulo is doing awesome! His leg nearly healed. He walks without a noticeable gimp 98% of the time and even attempts to run and play with Butte. He quickly slows down, just proof he's still building up that muscle in the leg and around his tendon. B has been working on an awesome painting for our vet's office as a thank you for the amazing care and love we received during the entire experience. We cannot wait to present it to him and at that time I'll post a pic of his masterpiece.

Please don't forget to leave a comment or send and email if you'd like to participate in the Thursday 21 Questions feature I'm doing. I'd love to get to know you better and show you off to new readers. I have the next two Thursdays filled, but need more volunteers! Otherwise, I'm just going to pick on you. ;)

PLEASE, have a safe and fun Halloween weekend! I will post pics of Logan as a dinosaur next week sometime (that is, of course, if we can get the computer charged!!).

And lastly, I'm linking up with October Follower Fest hosted by a number of wonderful ladies!  Hello and welcome new readers! Wordpress still fails me in how to get a blog button to work properly INSIDE a post, so please follow the link and check out some awesome other bloggers!

2 comments:

Leave some Lovin!