Thursday, November 3, 2011

21 Questions with Amy

My dear friend Amy is a new mama blogger over at These Are The Days. She started writing a few months ago after she found out she was going to join the club. Now, she is only 10 weeks away from meeting her little man! He and Logan will be two years apart and we both hope they grow up to be great friends. Amy and I worked together for a few years and now we see them as often as we can. She saved Tulo's life the day she was babysitting Logan and rushed Tulo to the emergency vet. She's an amazing friend so I hope you'll all check out her great new blog and enjoy getting to know her. Love you Amy!!

  1. What is your #1 bucket list to-do item? meet my son!

  2. What is the worst injury/illness you’ve ever had?  I have actually never been sick enough to go the hospital or had any major injury. I guess the worst thing that I could consider was the summer after my freshman year of college when i got a 2nd degree sunburn on my legs. I was on Dr ordered bed rest for a week.

  3. Do you collect anything? when I was younger I collected Madame Alexander dolls, and trinket boxes. Both collections I still have. Now I just collect shoes and purses

  4. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? I watch the worst TV ever. Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant might be the worst ones I watch though.

  5. What is the most special thing your spouse has ever done for you? I have an amazing husband so its hard to pick. I think the most special thing he has ever done is getting me pregnant with our son!!!ha ha

  6. Do you believe in ghosts? that's just silly

  7. What does your exercise routine look like? Right now it looks like an exhausted pregnant stretching in the living room.

  8. If you could witness an event past, present or future, what would it be? I think I would have liked to be apart of the march on Washington with MLK Jr.

  9. If you could change anything about your high school/college experience what would it be? High school, I think I would have paid more attention my senior year rather than partying and for college I wish I had majored in social work and gerontology rather than history and gerontology. I Mean seriously what i am going to do with my history degree

  10. What season do you enjoy most? I love the fact t hat we have four seasons, but I would have to say I love summer the most. Summer nights are just the best time to be outside!

  11. What celebrity do you most look like? I don't think i look like any celebrity

  12. What band/singer are you enjoying most right now? I know i am a bit behind the times but i am really starting to get into Adele.

  13. Do you implement any of the things your parents taught you into your parenting style? I think I am going to implement a lot of the things that my parents taught me. I think it was important that they let me make my own decisions and thus my own mistakes. I think its important for children/ people of all ages to recognize that actions have consequences. I think that is something that Ted and I will try to instill in our son.

  14. What is/are your family traditions? We have so many fun ones. Now that Ted is apart of our family we enjoy the giant caramel apple that his cousins send us every year for Christmas. I also love playing board games every family holiday. Roasting peeps on Easter is another favorite.

  15. What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received? I don't think i have gotten to that point yet where i will actually be able to put any of the advise i have received into practice.

  16. What was the best gift ever given to you/that you gave?The best gift that I ever received...I think would be the money that my grandmother gave me to pay for a good chunk of my college education. That is something that I will never be able to thank her enough for or repay her for. The best gift that I ever gave would be in high school when we collected books for students at an under funded school in Denver and i got to hand each child in the elementary school

  17. Have you and your spouse written a will? No we don't have one yet but we want to have one in place before our son arrives, so that if anything were ever to happen to us that our son would be taken care of by the people that would raise him the best. We have nothing valuable to give

  18. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would it be? Not drinking so much. I was so nervous so i got a little tipsy before the ceremony....ha ha bad idea.

  19. What have you done that you said you’d never do as a parent?Again i haven't gotten to that point. I will answer this question again in 6 months!!

  20. How long have you been married? Just over 3 years!

  21. Do you want more children? yes we have always wanted 2 children, but we have always wanted to adopt so our next child will be adopted in probably about 5 years or so.


 

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!