Thursday, October 27, 2011

21 questions with Katie

This week's featured blogger is Katie over at Life With the Little R's. Katie is an amazing woman, friend, wife and mama! I have known her since high school (10 year reunion coming up GASP!). Katie has a full heart for her family and Jesus. Go check out her adorable kids and awesome hubby!

  1. What is your #1 bucket list to-do item? That would be to go on a beach vacation with just me and the hubs. Preferably somewhere all-inclusive! We didn't go on a big Honeymoon so I am holding out hope for a second one in the not too distant future!

  2. What is the worst injury/illness you’ve ever had? I have been pretty lucky in that department. I did get a really bad kidney infection in college though that landed me in the hospital for a few days. Not fun!

  3. Do you collect anything? Currently I collect "R"s. The monograms you hang on your wall. I am slightly obsessed and currently have a gallery wall in my living room of different "R"s.

  4. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? Guilty pleasure? For sure that would be whatever the current trashy reality show I am secretly loving is. Sometimes it is The Bachelor or Bachelorette. Most recently it was The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

  5. What is the most special thing your spouse has ever done for you? I can't really think of a super special "big thing" but my husband is very good at making me feel special in the day-to-day. When I call him at work if I am upset about something he never acts too busy and always makes me feel valuable and that means a lot to me.

  6. Do you believe in ghosts? The holy ghost? Does that count?

  7. What does your exercise routine look like? The fact that you said "routine" totally calls me out! I am horrible with routine! But, I do like to workout to DVDs at home, I have a gym membership and I like going to classes and I also like my treadmill in my basement. Basically, my routine changes every week!

  8. If you could witness an event past, present or future, what would it be? Hmmm... I am thinking I would love to witness Jesus performing one of his miracles during his lifetime.

  9. If you could change anything about your high school/college experience what would it be? I would have just enjoyed it and not worried about what other people thought and trying to be someone else.

  10. What season do you enjoy most? Fall. (Convenient, right?) I just love how life becomes so homey in the fall. And fall in Missouri is gorgeous. All of the leaves.... love it!

  11. What celebrity do you most look like? I don't know! Someone once told me I looked like Natalie from the Dixie Chicks... but I don't think she is super cute so it kind of hurt my feelings!

  12. What band/singer are you enjoying most right now? Sara Groves, her music says everything my soul wants to say sometimes!

  13. Do you implement any of the things your parents taught you into your parenting style? Absolutely. My parents always talked to us like we were adults when we were little. They never talked down to us and had real conversations with us from an early age. I loved it, and I love watching them have those same conversations with my kiddos now!

  14. What is/are your family traditions? We have a lot but one of my favorites that we passed on from my childhood is "unbirthday presents". That is where all the kids in the family get one present for their siblings birthdays.

  15. What is the best parenting advice you’ve ever received? I can't think of a specific piece of advice but when we first had kids I got tons of bad advice. Somewhere along the line someone encouraged me to just do what I felt was right and enjoy my kiddos and it really changed everything. unfortunately, that wasn't until after I had my second!

  16. What was the best gift ever given to you/that you gave? Probably my engagement ring! I loved it so much and was so impressed that my husband (fiance then) sacrificed to buy me such a beautiful ring while he was still in college!

  17. Have you and your spouse written a will? Yep.

  18. If you could change one thing about your wedding day what would it be? Um... everything! Except for the man I married! No not really, but that day was a bit of a disaster! Thankfully, it ended with me having lots of people I love there, amazing support from my family who worked so hard to put everything together, and at the end of the day I got to be married to my favorite person in the world.

  19. What have you done that you said you’d never do as a parent? Let my kiddos sleep in bed with me as babies. All of our kids did this for a little while as babies and it was a lifesaver. And, contrary to lots of "advice" I was given... none of them sleep with us now!

  20. How long have you been married? 6 years!

  21. Do you want more children? I don't think so... but, I want God's will for my life more than anything else so whatever He gives us will be exactly what I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Lovin!