Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dear Logan

My sweet boy,

You are 20 months old. I told myself that once you were 18 months I'd stop referring to your age in months but I just can't help it. You're over a year and a half and wow are you a busy guy! You make our hearts swell with pride in all the new things you learn and say every day. Your dad and I could not have asked for a more amazing kiddo.

Over the last few months your speech has increased dramatically. You try to repeat just about everything we say. Not all of it comes out clear, but your attempt is adorable! You have trouble with R, P, T, Y and L words, which is totally normal for your age. In fact, I cannot believe how much you talk now. I never expected to have a conversation with you on the phone at this age! I call your daddy at night while I'm working and he puts you on the phone. I ask you questions and you almost always answer with "uh-huh" as you have not yet said "yes". It would take me all day to write down the number of words you say which we can understand.

Your favorite word  is "light". Oh my stars! You are OBSESSED with the lights. Every where we go you have to turn lights on and off, point at street lights, constantly with your gaze upward. Your admiration with the lights is so humbling to your father and me. We take lights for granted and you, Logan, your entire body gets excited in the morning when we walk around the house and turn all the lights on. The smile on your face is palpable. Daddy and I talked about how the light is symbolic of Jesus' light and love for us. You are teaching us so much and we see Him working in you every day.

You no longer walk. You run. Everywhere. The only thing I can see slowing you down is the snow, which we just received over night nearly 10 inches of the white fluff. I want to start a tradition with you for the First Snow. I'm thinking hot chocolate and a movie of your choice. Of course, this can come after an hour outside!

You broke 25 pounds! I was not sure this would happen before you turned two since you're such tall, lean little man. You wear mostly 18-24 month clothes for both tops and pants. You're in a size 6-7 shoe and you have big hands. We call them your "mitts". You're still in a size 4 diaper and we're hoping to start some potty training with you soon. So far, you have no interested in the toilet and we're okay with that. We'll wait until you're ready.

You have a cough right now and kid, when you get a cold that cough hangs on for what seems like months. You don't seem too bothered by it.

Things you love right now: lights, talking, eating chicken nuggets, watch Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba, playing with the dogs, reading Where The Wild Things Are, playing in water, running around naked, getting "chased" by us, playing in your cardboard house, sleeping on a big boy bed, and alas, your paci, which you now call your "bapie".

Things you hate: taking showers (which we find odd because you love water), most veggies (read: anything green), having your diaper changed, listening to us when you're doing something you shouldn't, and pooping.

You're an amazing kid, Logan, and we don't want you to ever think differently. You are so smart and learn things so quickly. I know those skills will follow you throughout your life. Your daddy and I will always love you, no matter what, and support you. Thank you for being the most incredible blessing we could have ever hoped for.

Love,

Mama

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!