Friday, December 25, 2009

>Dear Baby Boy

>I would like to consider this your first Christmas but the only parts of it you are enjoying is all the yummy food Lolly has made for us and of course the love of our Savior running through your tiny veins. You have been so much fun lately. I truly believe you are giving us a hard time on purpose. I can tell you want to meet us face to face as much as we do, but we need you to be a plump healthy little boy before we say hello. This Christmas has been so much fun and the only thing that could have made it better was you actually being with us around that tree this morning. You grandparents cannot wait to meet you. Lolly rubs my belly and talks to you and after a few seconds you roll around, as if to throw your arms up with excitement--really you are just shoving your head into my cervix, making me jump as that feeling is really not that pleasant. Grandpa and Daddy can't wait do all kinds of "boy" things together. Watching sports, playing with legos, building things. Daddy told me tonight that he was bummed he did not get anything to "build" and that he was a little bored once all was over with. So next year you need to make sure I get him a lego set he can build with you. I will make sure they are the fat ones so you don't try eating them.

We only have a few more weeks left, just you and me, and it is really quite the surreal feeling. Keeping you with me, all to myself, feeling you move and sleep and have hiccups, is something I want forever, yet a feeling just as strong wants you out so I can kiss you and hold you and make you giggle and smile. Every night when I wake up to go to the bathroom you give me a bounce while I sit on the toilet. Then once I am laying down, usually on my left side, you begin to push off of the right side of my tummy as if you are on a trampoline and we share some early morning time together. I talk to you and tell you I love you, then I might pray a little before I fall back to sleep. I don't know yet if you fall asleep then or not, but you are very sweet and don't wake me up. We have nice morning time. You love to roll around after I have eaten breakfast and you really hate when I put tight things on over my belly. Well, son, just about everything I put on is tight right now so I just tell you softly to move a little to the left and you settle down. This past week was the first time you actually stretched out long enough to stick your feet in my ribs and while it was not painful, it was a bit uncomfortable and at times it even tickled a little. I can tell you have big feet!

On Monday, we will be 35 weeks along and only 35 days away from your due date. If, my dear, you make it to your due date I will be mighty surprised. I have felt for awhile now that you are going to be a January baby, but hey, what do I know. I want you to come when you are ready. If you decide to come next week, your doctors are not going to stop you, even though it's a bit early. You might need to stay in the hospital a few days longer, but that is okay too. The reality of you coming in the next few weeks is really starting to settle in. We have everything you need. All your diapers are ready to go. I love how they smell. You have a rubber ducky, soft blankies, a stuffed monkey, car seat, stroller, rocker, bottles, bibs, bath soap, lotions, and play mat. We are ready for you. We can't wait to meet you. Stay healthy and keep growing big and strong.

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!