Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Recap



 

 



Logan learned the word "candy" a few weeks ago. We have no idea where he picked it up. We don't keep candy, or even sweets of any kind, in the house unless it's a birthday or holiday. Halloween was still a few weeks away and we are last-minute candy buyers when it comes to Halloween. Our neighbors had told us how few trick-or-treaters they get every year. We'd only buy candy if we had to.

Our good friend who watches Logan a few times a week gave us this awesome dinosaur costume and it was decided-no more Spiderman. I found a Spiderman costume for super cheep at a consignment store. I wanted to make sure Logan liked his costume so we practiced a few days before Halloween. Surprisingly, he loves dressing up! There was no fight to be had! Halloween weekend arrived and instead of totally ditching Spiderman, I put it on him for the day while we shopped around and had friends over on Sunday night. I did not snap a photo, but he sure looked awesome!

On Halloween morning B had to work and I had plans to take Logan downtown. BUT. One of our cars died over the weekend, the Volvo we bought just 6 months ago. This car had done nothing but bring us trouble since the moment B signed the papers. So I took B to work and Logan and I headed on our way. I found a great parking spot, something hard to do for a big event like Trick-or-Treat Street downtown! Since B was not with me I chose to push Logan in his stroller. There were so many kids! Keeping a hand on him and a hand on his treat bag was going to be too much.

The shops opened their doors and nearly a thousand parents and children rushed in and out. Logan barely made a peep. I gave him a sucker and he loved it! From there, our day of "eating right" went out he window!

After an hour we had a nice stash and headed home for lunch and naps. I made my most awesome chicken enchiladas, which I will share with you soon, and my parents and brother came over in the evening to celebrate what really was Logan's first Halloween. Only a few houses in and he knew what he was doing. He was asking for "dandy" and proudly said "tit-tot-teet". We walked a few blocks and made another good stash of candy. Logan wore his hat up until the lat 10 minutes.

The evening was perfect! It was cool but not cold. Thankfully, no snow! Tuesday night it started snowing as we were on our way to check out a new car. By the time we left it was a blizzard! I was in full-blown panic mode and could not even watch B drive. We made it home safely and by 5am the next morning we had 12" of the white fluffy stuff again! I am looking forward to a super white winter!!

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Leave some Lovin!